Safe vs Bad Sats for the change over!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stoker_x1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
US
I read a list of safe and bad satellites listed somewhere a few weeks back, but can't seem to find them now. Could someone who knows more about this than I do list the safe sats where I can watch TV without risking turning my 922 into a brick?

It would also be nice to know the bad sats too. Question, even though G1 Ch3 is probably not a good place to park the receiver right now, does that mean everything on G1 is not safe.

I hope someone can clear this up.

I read a list of safe and bad satellites listed somewhere a few weeks back, but can't seem to find them now. Could someone who knows more about this than I do list the safe sats where I can watch TV without risking turning my 922 into a brick?

It would also be nice to know the bad sats too. Question, even though G1 Ch3 is probably not a good place to park the receiver right now, does that mean everything on G1 is not safe.

Safety First Additional Information

Thanks for helping.

Still, I have to ask about two things. One, what about T4, W3 and others not listed at Safety First Additional Information to stay away from? Also, is it safe to park on, say for example, GB if you are on channel 17 using KU receiver to watch FTA channels? Don't you have to move to a DCII channel like 410 before you could receive FW updates?

Simple solution: disconnect the LNB coax on the back of the 4DTV and you can then park your dish anywhere.

Thanks for helping.

Still, I have to ask about two things. One, what about T4, W3 and others not listed at Safety First Additional Information to stay away from? Also, is it safe to park on, say for example, GB if you are on channel 17 using KU receiver to watch FTA channels? Don't you have to move to a DCII channel like 410 before you could receive FW updates?

I think anything with a 4096 EMM stream is a bad apple. I now also believe we got a countdown time bomb in our receivers from our last hit. Who knows how far back that was going out.

Quote from my other post in another thread:

"Just did some testing for the heck of it I went to W5 and my sub with SRL that ended on the 22nd is now NS. It was there yesterday. Funny thing is I did not take a hit or show OC. It should still be there then. Unless Motorola turned off everyone somehow.:confused: 4096 EMM is found and locked too on W5 this is weird. Maybe something big time did go down last night, I'm confused since it don't follow what should be happening. Without getting hit or loosing monthly key nothing should change but for some reason it did. DMX and all other FP across the arc is up.

Edited: Thinking about this I wonder if Motorola loaded a countdown time bomb in my sub keys that if it didn't see a code it would shut off on the 26th. Ironic that it shutdown on the 26th I have seen subs go on up to 2 months without hits.. If a time bomb is the case who knows what can be lurking in our receivers from our last hit???? Not Good! BTW my last hit was on the 20th, I think Motorola screwed us all ahead of time "

Galaxy 19 (T5) / Galaxy 16 (G4) / AMC-9 at 83*W are satellites with no DCII data stream at this time.
AMC-3 at 87*W has one commercial DCII but I heard they pulled the Motorola EMM id off of that stream so this should also be a safe satellite as long as you do not turn on those DCII channels so the receiver is out of a DCII data stream.
I am not sure where people are seeing this EMM code so I can not say for certain at this time.
I have heard some people saying they have received a message on their receivers saying "Test", if this is true then they have been on a data stream that is allowing data to flow to the receiver. (I have not received this message on any of my 4dtv receivers here.) With that said, This is the type of thing you should be avoiding and continue to avoid for several days after the supposedly shut-down date.
If Motorola would have come out and told people what their intentions were all of this may have been avoided but this is one of those unknown circumstances where no one knows for certain what is going on.

The number one thing everyone should have done already is:

Turn off all automatic dish moving updates for their guide information!
Options > 6> 4> turn off automatic updates.

If you do not want to risk of any unknown things happening to your receiver and wish to keep it as a dish mover for the foreseeable future do not tune into any DCII signals for the next couple of weeks!

You may hear of several DCII channels going into FTA mode but you need to ask yourself if the risk is worth watching 15 minutes of free TV to what could happen to your receiver during that 15 minutes in the next couple of weeks. I say "weeks" since no one knows for sure how long Motorola will continue to send out the turn off signal.

I seriously doubt they could have sent out a ticking time bomb in the monthly code update, however they could have sent out an incorrect code for January which would in effect just make the receivers show "OC" on diagnostic screen B after January 5th.
Anything else would open Motorola up for possible legal actions in the future and they do not want that.

I personally feel this is a good thing that is happening with the shutdown of the DCII Motorola consumer data stream. I remember what it was like before it was opened up and believe it will return to what it was like at the very beginning with the DCII signals. Way back then even the DCII PPV channels were FTA.
HBO was always an exception to the rule and are hardcore about scrambling their signal.

4096 is active when you get a "0" lock condition on Diagnostics A (see attached) on any DC channel. Need to look at them all to see which ones are active. The Locked one I took right now is on W5 and Unlocked is on a G5 commercial only channel.

Edited:
Just did a bit of testing checked some consumer channels. EMM Locked on Discoverys on C4 & C3 , BCTV (Nesn mux) on C3, HITS on W5, CCTV mux on GB. Unlocked on Scripps on C3 (shocked) Denver on W1, HITS on GB, NFL net & Ovation on GB. I stayed away from all the movie channels G1-C3 -G5-G0 since maps are active on those. Didn't want to hang too long on any DC channel, unsure.

Attachments

• LOCK.jpg
    LOCK.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 257
  • UNLOCK.jpg
    UNLOCK.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
4096 is active when you get a "0" lock condition on Diagnostics A (see attached) on any DC channel. Need to look at them all to see which ones are active. The Locked one I took right now is on W5 and Unlocked is on a G5 commercial only channel.

Edited:
Just did a bit of testing checked some consumer channels. EMM Locked on Discoverys on C4 & C3 , BCTV (Nesn mux) on C3, HITS on W5, CCTV mux on GB. Unlocked on Scripps on C3 (shocked) Denver on W1, HITS on GB, NFL net & Ovation on GB. I stayed away from all the movie channels G1-C3 -G5-G0 since maps are active on those. Didn't want to hang too long on any DC channel, unsure.

I found this site the other day and was thinking you might be able to add maybe some of it to your new site or maybe others might just find it interesting.

DIAGNOSTICS A - Flash version, courtesy of PowerShow.com

I have the original document on my pc. I didn't put it up on my site since it don't pertain to the 4DTV but the 410. I may be able to add a 410 section after the smoke clears away. I'm focusing on getting the 4D's up for people now. Thanks for the link.

I've seen all of HITS wide open (ITC) twice in my life. The PPV channels actually have Macrovision turned on. Bet you guys would never see that feature used on our boxes but it can be.

I've seen all of HITS wide open (ITC) twice in my life. The PPV channels actually have Macrovision turned on. Bet you guys would never see that feature used on our boxes but it can be.

Hehehehe. My BlackMagic Intensity Pro has no problem recording video with Macrovision on it from a VCR playing a commercial video tape so I don't think it would have a problem with macrovision from a sat receiver either.

Yep, there are 4 InDemand PPV (not to be confused with OnDemand technology) channels on W5/X4 along with a few pr0n PPV channels.

HITS Quantum on AMC 18 at 105.0°W - LyngSat

What is the story with ESPN as it is not offered by big dish and it is on the Hits Quantum on AMC? How come only Espn Classic is offered? I had Espn1&2 on G5 but never new why they left, could someone fill in the blanks or is this another HBO story? What's the deal with USA and TNT also?Thanks,Candid

What is the story with ESPN as it is not offered by big dish and it is on the Hits Quantum on AMC? How come only Espn Classic is offered? I had Espn1&2 on G5 but never new why they left, could someone fill in the blanks or is this another HBO story? What's the deal with USA and TNT also?Thanks,Candid

If you look closely only ESPN2 is on W5 and ESPN will not allow ESPN2 to be sold without ESPN1. Kind of like the situation of Discovery not wanting to let us have the suite without Discovery/TLC/AnimalPlanet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)