SageTV FTA EPG Channels Database

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

49studebaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Attached is Excel and wordpad databases for true FTA channels in SageTV. Just go to your Channel Setup, select "Add channel to lineup", and type in the Station Name and Station ID for the FTA channels you want guide data.

I am using dvbDream with SageTV. Attached is the latest DVBdream network encoder plugin which an can be found here but requires you to create an account.

Attachments

• SageDDModule-2.2.2.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 257
  • SageTV EPG Channel IDs.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 277
What is your hardware setup for using FTA with Sage?

*10 foot Unimesh, Chaparral co-rotator(C/Ku)
*Ecoda 22KHz switch(used for switching between digital C and Ku)
*Steren 2 way splitter for Ku-band analog and digital
*Steren 4 way splitter for C-band analog, C-band digital, and Skyvision C-band digital
*Motorola DSR410
*Chaparral Monterey 55(analog/used as dish mover for digital)
*TBS 6920 PCI-Express DVB-s/DVB-s2(works flawless)
*DVBworld PCI-e 2005 (not in used, numerous problems. RMA x2)
*Avermedia m780 (OTA)
*Hauppauge HVR 1600 (OTA)
*Windows Vista SP2 32bit
*Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H
-Onboard ATI HD3200 video and on-board audio.
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz(kinda overkill)
-mpeg2 useage ~12%, h264 useage ~40% (low cpu since onboard video has hardware accelearation for mpeg2 and h.264)
*4gb of ram(kinda overkill since 32bit is limited to 3gb)
*500gb 5200rpm-7200rpm variable speed harddrive
*SageTV v6.6
*DVBdream v1.5 Beta 7
*ATI AVIVO codecs for mpeg2
*Divx H264 codec for h.264
*Custom made DVBdream plugin that allows DVbdream to move dish via analog receiver.
*Custom made Infrared remote transmitter(allows computer to send signal to analog receiver)
*SageDDModule-2.2.2 DVBdream network encoder
*PC connected to 1080p 46" LCD via HDMI

Last edited:
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz(kinda overkill)

I am upgrading my media center PC and plan on getting this processor. Newegg has them for $80 and ebay has them for $60. I thought it would be overkill, too, but at those prices, might as well :)

I am brand new to the world of FTA channels. In fact, this is my first post. Before I buy my equipment I want to make sure that there's a way to get programming information in sageTV Guide for channels on Galaxy 19, 97W. If so, how would I do it compared to the instructions above?

Thanks!

I am brand new to the world of FTA channels. In fact, this is my first post. Before I buy my equipment I want to make sure that there's a way to get programming information in sageTV Guide for channels on Galaxy 19, 97W. If so, how would I do it compared to the instructions above?!

I believe you can set up a 'fake' network encoder in the Sage properties file and use that to select a channel line-up from a Sage client. From that client you can manually enter the channel numbers, channel IDs, etc. and then go to the program guide after giving it a chance to update. If you have a channel not on this list and it is available from some cable/DBS provider covered by Zap2It, you can normally get away with entering the appropriate channel name that you find on a Zap2It web page.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts