Salt Lake Locals HD during the daytime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nv blu

Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Northeast Nevada
I am trying to figure out why Dish stops broadcasting the Salt Lake Local channels in HD during the daytime. A blue screen appears that says that they are sorry for the interruption and are working on the problem and don't call them. At night, the HD channels light up again and all is fine. Then, around 8:00 or so in the morning, they are gone. I can recieve them in non-hd but not HD. This has been going on for weeks--maybe even a month or more now. I'm beginning to lose patience. I like golf on the weekends and non-hd golf is just not the same.
Well, I called them and the tech person said she would get back to me...never did.
Anybody have an answer to this dilemma?

What makes you think it's Dish doing it. The message could actually be originating with your local station(s).

I am in Salt Lake and I have not seen this on Dish nor on OTA. What times and what programs are you seeing this on and I will check mine. I use OTA most of the time on my setup as it is much better quality HD than on dish but I have not seen what you are describing.

I live in Northeast Nevada (Elko County) in a remote area. I don't think this is effecting SLC and other "urban areas". I just want to know what the deal is.
The message is definately from Dish. I wrote KSL about the problem but to date, I have not recieved a reply.

I live in Northeast Nevada (Elko County) in a remote area. I don't think this is effecting SLC and other "urban areas". I just want to know what the deal is.
The message is definately from Dish. I wrote KSL about the problem but to date, I have not recieved a reply.

Are you sure it's not just the usual "loss of signal" screen the receiver puts up when it loses lock on a local. If it is that, you may have a bad lnb that's being affected by the sun. You need to contact an E* tech support and describe the problem. Be sure to choose tech support from the phone tree. If you aren't within the 90 days install window, add DHPP to your account to lower any service call costs you might incur. Usually an LNB replacement is free but hard to say if that's the problem or not for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)