Same cable used for Dish Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
Can I use the same cable for a fta system that dish network uses? I figure it's the same. The cable used to wire the dish to the receiver

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just as a side note, if that cable has been used for about 10 years and you're using a PLL LNBF with a receiver that carefully regulates its voltage output (such as the microHD), you may have some trouble and would need new RG-6. I did. Granted, I did have a pretty long run out to the dish, too (with new cable), but until I had replaced the Dish Network stuff that came into the house, the PLL never worked properly (a regular DRO LNBF worked fine) with the microHD (although the PLL one did great with the Openbox S10). There were a lot of factors at play, and the last I thought of was the old Dish Network cabling. So, I just post this message as a "just in case it doesn't work" scenario. But, as Babadem said, I'm 95% sure you'll be fine LOL.

Just to clarify: you can use the cable for FTA INSTEAD of DishNet, but not simultaneously.
Yes, people ask how to get both on the same cable. :)
And additionally, make sure all DN switches are removed from the cable wiring.
It's okay to keep the grounding blocks, they're a good thing, but do check for corrosion.
Also, maintain drip-loops at the LNBF. If you get water into your cable, it's useless.

Status
Please reply by conversation.