sammy 1080p purchase decision

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
VIPERS-PIT said:
WOW I have yet to see a DLP-LCD or plasma that comes close to my CRT RP. But all videophiles say I have the best TV on the market at ANY price.
I have one of those too. I wouldnt waste the time calibrating it every time its bumped for a cable change or cleaning. I definately wouldnt spend the money on one again. Guess Im not a "videophile". Say does your RPTV display 1080p? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
vurbano said:
I have one of those too. I wouldnt waste the time calibrating it every time its bumped for a cable change or cleaning. I definately wouldnt spend the money on one again. Guess Im not a "videophile". Say does your RPTV display 1080p? :rolleyes:

Funny, that I moved mine from one house to another, in cluding rolling it down a 30 degree hill over rocks and it did not need any realignment. I guess opening the screen and blowing out the inside once every 3 years is to much like work for some people to have the best possible picture.

The Samsung 1080p DLPs are great. the picture is awesome and it is a good value for the money. I recommend them 100%. Make sure though when you get it, turn off the DNIe enhancement. The picture is better without it if calibrated properly.

Speaking of CRT big screens, my friend had to have his re-calibrated after we took it apart. It wouldn't fit down stairs so we had to take it apart. Luckely that same day Bestbuy came to deliver his new 62" DLP and they were willing to recalibrate it.

vurbano said:

Don't you just love this "mine's bigger than yours" talk.

BTW, I'm referring to resolution, not the other thing!

I have the 1080p one and it looks great. Only problem... 3 weeks old, and the lamp goes off, into lamp error mode, and then you can turn it back on. I called this to Samsung on Sunday, yesterday had a call saying they do not have any service center within 30 miles (it is about 31 miles away) and that the will be giviong them permission to come, but it could be 10 days. I asked about a new bulb and they said only in areas that they do not have service for a hundred or so miles, do they do that. I do like that they called me to let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)