Sammy 55" 8500

Today's premium tv is tomorrow's basic tv. You could always get the best one but the next time you go to buy one, you will be in the same predicament. It is like a computer, one could pay a bit more for a little more processor speed but that will be the basic processor in a short period of time.

Today's premium tv is tomorrow's basic tv. You could always get the best one but the next time you go to buy one, you will be in the same predicament. It is like a computer, one could pay a bit more for a little more processor speed but that will be the basic processor in a short period of time.

I'm not convinced an LCD TV with LED backilighting is superior("best one") to any other TV.

The LCD/LED is thinner and weights a lot less but quality wise it's not like comparing a tube SD TV display quality to a flat panel HDTV quality.

Its not superior, plasma is still the best format all around. The side lit LED's are thin, but the backlits, not so much. Also, my 55" LED backlit weighs more than my 50" plasma did.

Its not superior, plasma is still the best format all around. The side lit LED's are thin, but the backlits, not so much. Also, my 55" LED backlit weighs more than my 50" plasma did.

True. Pioneer Elite's are still the standard. Even though they do not make them anymore. From what I have been reading, no one catches them this year but could next year and may pass them in 2012.

I think hdtv makers are more concerned about aesthetics and how "green" can we make this tv and not as much about pq. Not saying that today's set do not have great pq but it does not seem a priority. That trend started last year.

Agree on the priority of looks.

The 2009 Pannys were nice, and the 2010 plasmas are looking good too. I'm very happy with the Regza. While it does not have the CR of my plasma, its video processing is better, its a sharper pic, and the size increase was nice too.

True. Pioneer Elite's are still the standard. Even though they do not make them anymore. From what I have been reading, no one catches them this year but could next year and may pass them in 2012.

I think hdtv makers are more concerned about aesthetics and how "green" can we make this tv and not as much about pq. Not saying that today's set do not have great pq but it does not seem a priority. That trend started last year.

The pullout of Pioneer just shows that consumers go by price not by Picture Quality. Of course one could argue for most consumers upgrading to any flat screen was better than the old 25" SDTV they had before. Pioneer worked to put out the best picture possible, and charged a premium price. It resulted in no sales.

Pioneer hurt themselves by having ONLY a premium brand, and they still hurt themselves in other departments by charging the same or more for less.

I love my BDP-320 player, but its pretty bare for $300.

Well, it looks like California set that agenda with the green power legislation. They simply can't ignore a market that large, and as usual the rest of the country is forced to follow suit. Not saying energy efficiency is a bad thing, but the set manufacturers got caught off guard and need to concentrate more on power right now.

Your next step is to hire Gregg Loewen to come make that puppy perfect.

I just set up with him to come to Alabama next Wed :D

Let him get the most out of this Regza!

Understood.

I do find the service worth it, especially when you spend a chunk on a tv and watch a lot of movies and HDTV, like I do.

Basically $50 to get on the list, and then he'll notify you what month he will be in your area. Then its $400 at the time of service. There are cheaper guys on AVS, that do a good job, its just that I have used Gregg twice, he is very professional and shows you exactly what he is doing, and he has very good equipment.

I was lucky enough, that when I paid the $50 fee today, that he will actually be in my state next week.

I agree. For now I'm going to use the CNet settings, and maybe try a few from the folks at AVS. I have my own I bought a while back. I'll give that a try as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)