Status
Not open for further replies.

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Looking for an LCD for the bedroom. I've decided a 26" lcd is the right size for me.
Anyone have the Samsung LN-R268W. Bestbuy has it for $1079. I want to stay away from the inexpensive brands. Specs don't look as good as the Samsung. What do you guys think?

I tend to agree, but I would go bigger if you can. I picked up a Samsung 26" CRT w/integrated tuner in Dec 04. I would have gone bigger, but it was the largest, budget friendly, full HDTV at the time (side speakers) that would fit into the built-in bedroom entertainment center. The set was nice, but it was too small IMO.

Anyway the set died in December (power supply - a month past warranty), but Samsung replaced it because warranty was automatically extended 1 month for registering the product online...and the fact they couldn't find anyone who would provide on site service of a small screen set in my area. Since they didn't have factory refurbished sets (my model) on hand, they were nice enough to let me upgrade to a brand new 30" slimline CRT whose speakers are not the bottom vice side mounted.

I was happy with the Samsung set, but I am even more pleased with their support. I'll have a brand new, larger, set with a full 1 year warranty. Anyway, this has been my experience.

I have a 26 inch Syntax in the bedroom and it works quite well. I think the Syntax TVs are on special at the Radio Shack website. They have been very well reviewed.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Samsung TVs. They have good reviews at the Circuit City website. I would personally get bigger than 26 but its the most I could negotiate out of my wife!

I have a Panasonic 26" LCD (TC-26LX50) $1240 at PC Richards with two year warranty plan and it is amazing. Look it up. Oh BTW PC Richards has a Price Match plan, that is how I got it. The TV came out $1050, the price tag was 1399...

riffjim4069 said:
I tend to agree, but I would go bigger if you can. I picked up a Samsung 26" CRT w/integrated tuner in Dec 04. I would have gone bigger, but it was the largest, budget friendly, full HDTV at the time (side speakers) that would fit into the built-in bedroom entertainment center. The set was nice, but it was too small IMO.

Anyway the set died in December (power supply - a month past warranty), but Samsung replaced it because warranty was automatically extended 1 month for registering the product online...and the fact they couldn't find anyone who would provide on site service of a small screen set in my area. Since they didn't have factory refurbished sets (my model) on hand, they were nice enough to let me upgrade to a brand new 30" slimline CRT whose speakers are not the bottom vice side mounted.

I was happy with the Samsung set, but I am even more pleased with their support. I'll have a brand new, larger, set with a full 1 year warranty. Anyway, this has been my experience.
Thanks for the info. The more I thought about it, the more I want to go bigger. I started looking at the Samsung 32". That's about the biggest lcd I'd have room for. Also the limit on what I want to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)