Samsung launches Note 8

Pretty quick to market, reusing same old resolution and spreading it across more inches.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/smar...ng-galaxy-note-8-release-date-price-and-specs
But Apple knows all about that, too. ;)

Im interested in a 7-10" tablet, and if getting one with a built in phone isn't too much more, I'd consider.
Better to carry just one device instead of two.
(I use a Bluetooth earpiece 100% of the time in my 3.5" iPhone, so no change to operating proceedure for me!) ;)

Probably what will happen though, is that by optimizing / upgrading my tablet & phone independently, I'll have better hardware and lower combined cost.
It's nice to sit back and watch the war unfold. ;)

Yeah that's a little overkill but I known more manufactures plan on making 7 inch and 8 inch W8 devices as well so I guess there are some who like their devices that big. Heck at that point be better off with a tablet due to that's really about what you have once you get to that size just a mini version.

It's the device for those guys who need everything big because they are overcompensating. :D

I just read about it and it is not a phone at all. I am moving this thread to the Computer section.

I just read about it and it is not a phone at all. I am moving this thread to the Computer section.

The international version is reported to have full phone capability, quoting Phandroid:
Samsung announced their latest Note just in time for MWC, and we went hands-on with what might be considered the biggest phablet yet. Yes, let’s get it out of the way. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 has full phone functionality (the international model, at least).

This is a screen shot from Phandroid's hands-on @ MWC, the phone icon is bottom left on the screen:

note-8-phone.jpg

Whether or not phone capability makes it to the US is an unknown at this time.

True, but then you would have to remember to keep both the phone and the headset/smartwatch charged as well.

You're trying to think of this from the "why it won't work for me" angle, and I'm trying to think of it from the "how can it work for me" angle. If this is successful, I think the trend will be towards a single mobile device rather than a phone and a tablet.

Even with a headset, where would you carry the thing? Would be a tight fit for most any pockets, outside of cargo type pants/shorts.

A lot of people who would be attracted to anything up to a 10" tablet, already carry papers with them.
So a big tablet fits right in.
Think: lawyer; realtor.
My lawyer has had an iPad for several years.
Last month, he got a Surface and really likes it.

On a weekday, watch the traffic through any lunch restaurant.
Many young working professionals carry papers and/or a tablet, now.
They find a way.

Anole:

For me, having phone and tablet functions in one would be useful. Whether that is in something like a PadFone Infinity or a Galaxy Note 8 I don't know. But being able to do remote support with one device would be very nice.

As it is right now, I need at least 2 device -- my phone and my tablet. With an "all-in-one" I can do it with a single device.

Note, this is for quick fixes when I'm on-call rather than as an all day everyday device. I'd go blind faster than I already am from staring at monitors :D

I can't have a product that isn't GA, and I won't have the money if/when it launches.

My household is down to a single income so discretionary spending is minimal right now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts