Samsung Sued Over Defective Players

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
I didn't see this posted. Thought it interesting. Basically revolves around Fox, BD+, and Samsung not releasing firmware updates.

Samsung Sued Over Defective Blu-ray Players | Epicenter from Wired.com

Let's all sue. Maybe HD DVD owners that have problems with combo discs can sue Universal and Toshiba, too. Luckily I haven't had problems yet (knock on wood), but I haven't had time to sit down and watch Bourne Ultimatum yet.

S~

I'm sure if you returned your defective combo disc Universal would replace it with a working one. Do you think Samsung will as well? Did Samsung ever come out with a firmware that plays all the new titles for the 1200?

I just saw that. Now HD DVD fans can respond. Anyways, didn't Samsung just issue a firmware update this week? Don't know if it addressed the playability issues.

S~

If Samsung is ever charged any penalty, BDA will cover it, I think.
If not, I'd sue BDA were I Samsung.

The players are made to specs. Special test suits check for compliance. Samsung players would not be in retail if they were not compliant.

Now, if a f*cking moron like FOX releases movies that don't play - it is either Fox's fault or BDA's (tests suits don't properly test players).

Diogen.

If Samsung is ever charged any penalty, BDA will cover it, I think.
If not, I'd sue BDA were I Samsung.

The players are made to specs. Special test suits check for compliance. Samsung players would not be in retail if they were not compliant.

Now, if a f*cking moron like FOX releases movies that don't play - it is either Fox's fault or BDA's (tests suits don't properly test players).

Diogen.

I hear ya, but Samsungs seem to be the only players that have these problems consistantly. PS3 works fine, Panasonics, Pioneers, etc. seem to work also.

S~

...Samsungs seem to be the only players that have these problems consistantly.
No. LG had problems, too. It all started in October
http://www.satelliteguys.us/blu-ray-forum/104040-what-exactly-bd-2.html#post1063494
Fox Home Entertainment acknowledged playback issues with its 'Rise of the Silver Surfer' and 'Day After Tomorrow'
discs on select Blu-ray players late Thursday, but laid the blame squarely on the shoulders of hardware manufacturers.

BTW, the profile issue is not as black and white as BD+, but this lawsuit actually shows what BD companies may face
in the near future whan releases start utilizing Profile 2 features and almost none but the PS3 will be able to use it.
I think Toshiba will make sure customers notice it...

Diogen.

No. LG had problems, too. It all started in October
http://www.satelliteguys.us/blu-ray-forum/104040-what-exactly-bd-2.html#post1063494

BTW, the profile issue is not as black and white as BD+, but this lawsuit actually shows what BD companies may face
in the near future whan releases start utilizing Profile 2 features and almost none but the PS3 will be able to use it.
I think Toshiba will make sure customers notice it...

Diogen.

Forgot about the LG combos. I tend to ignore them.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts