Samsung tv problems???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alvn8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2005
I am an old DN installer but haven't installed in a couple of years. I use to have trouble with Samsung tvs getting a poor quality HD picture. I'm now shopping for a new tv and I'm wondering if Samsung has fixed thier issues.

I have a two year old 67" Samsung LED DLP that looks fantastic. I'm sorry they stopped making them (for my future upgrade).

I did a lot of research before I bought my 63 Plasma Samsung and the only tv better was the Panasonic Plasma. But the Samsung was several hundred dollars cheaper and the picture difference was in significant for the price.

I have a 42 inch Plasma HdTV for only about $485. For the price and value, you can't beat Samsung.

They also have pretty good Home Theater systems . .. love the Pandora and Netflix options that you can stream for much less than Showtime or HBO.

I have a two year old 67" Samsung LED DLP that looks fantastic. I'm sorry they stopped making them (for my future upgrade).
I'd have a 50"ish LED DLP if it weren't stolen/mysteriously disappeared off the dock before I could pick it up. I was given a Lamp model instead (with a heck of a warranty) that can produce, when given an "adequate" signal, a picture that would make you cry. My brother has a 52" LED, pre-Back Lit, and it's amazing. Not as much as mine though. Although it's a 1080p24/30/60 unit, streaming 720p AVI's to it looks better than DISH most of the time. It makes crappy fare look amazing.

I just bought a Sammy 46 inch LCD 120 MHz 1080p refresh rate and the picture was awesome at Best Buy and even better when I got it home. It replaced a 5 yr rear projection sony that had a pretty darn good picture itself; but there is no comparison.

Plus, the deal they had at Best Buy was the sammy 46 lcd (which is internet connectable) , a sammy blue ray player, a 20 dollar free download card from cinema now, 36 months no interest all for $999. Tough deal to beat.

I have a 56 inch Sammy Lamp DLP and it is fantastic. Bright clean wether using the built in tuner or HDMI from the dvd or Dish. Composite is ok. But wgo uses that anymore.

I wonder if the original author set modes correctly. This one we obtained in July of 2006.

I do have a spare bulb. Problems: The tape holding the mirror fell on one side causing a verticle black line on the screen. This was fixed in one day under warranty. At the time I was told sammy sent a bulletin out that stated instead of a new engine, techs would have to redo the tape in the future. A few weeks ago I received notice of a class action suit result that reinstates this program or reimburses people who paid to fix this problem. This happend to ours in 2007 and the fix has held. And now I do know how to fix that problem myself, if it occurs again. Another problem that happens is if the bulb holder is not put in according to directions, the set may turn off after awhile. This is the number one problem with the lamp units. The assembly can be put in with an interlock switch's rocker arm pointing up instead of down. If up, as the chassi heats and expands, the switch goes off. When it cools it goes back on. The fix is to make sure the switch is down and replace the cover as per directions to keep this pointing down.

I have a 56 inch Sammy Lamp DLP and it is fantastic. Bright clean wether using the built in tuner or HDMI from the dvd or Dish. Composite is ok. But wgo uses that anymore.

I wonder if the original author set modes correctly. This one we obtained in July of 2006.

I do have a spare bulb. Problems: The tape holding the mirror fell on one side causing a verticle black line on the screen. This was fixed in one day under warranty. At the time I was told sammy sent a bulletin out that stated instead of a new engine, techs would have to redo the tape in the future. A few weeks ago I received notice of a class action suit result that reinstates this program or reimburses people who paid to fix this problem. This happend to ours in 2007 and the fix has held. And now I do know how to fix that problem myself, if it occurs again. Another problem that happens is if the bulb holder is not put in according to directions, the set may turn off after awhile. This is the number one problem with the lamp units. The assembly can be put in with an interlock switch's rocker arm pointing up instead of down. If up, as the chassi heats and expands, the switch goes off. When it cools it goes back on. The fix is to make sure the switch is down and replace the cover as per directions to keep this pointing down.

They switched to a new LED engine in the current models. I have a 2008? and it was the first year to have it.

I bought a 61" Samsung LED DLP a year ago. Beautiful picture so find the model you want and get the best price. Best Buy is not necessary the beat price. You can avoid sales tax. Try Amazon.com. The have a white glove delivery service. Usually Amazon ships free due the the cost of this TV.

Amazon.com: samsung, In Stock Only Televisions & Video

I almost bought from Amazon. I went into the local Best Buy and told them that I knew they didn't have to match the price, but if they did I would also buy the 4 year warranty from them. Amazon would have been fine, but I like the Best Buy warranty service.

Have a 40" LCD 120Hz Samsung, and while I play with the settings, gotta say I love the picture (and Dish).... Amazon has free shipping and no sales tax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts