Samsung TV questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aperez49

Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Hi there, I was looking for some info on the Samsung DLPs. I am trying to decide between a 46" and 43". However, I notice there are about 3 different 43" models. I can't seem to find any contrast ratio comparisons or anything, so I was hoping to find someone who has one of these or knows more about them, there is the HLM4365W, HLN4365W, and HLN437W. Also, is there a big difference between a 43" and 46"? basically the average difference in price is about $400-$500 which could buy the stand. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, so thank you all in advance.

Take a look at the AVS Rear Projector forum. Lots of information available there.

With the Samsung DLP RPTVs the current series is the HLP series. HLN models are the previous seasons sets. HLM models proceeded the HLN series. The primary difference between the HLN4365W and HLN437W is the style of the case, The optics and electronics are essentially identical.

You would be best to avoid the HLM series as they had some problems that Samsung and their retailers openly advertised as fixed with the 2nd generation HLN series. The HLP series are the newest, but it is reported that the HD PQ is softer than that found on the HLNs. While a matter of preference, I prefer the sharper PQ of the HLN.

Size-wise, unless you are in a very small room, go with at least the 46", if not a 50". Within a couple of months of watching the Sammy HLN507W, that my wife thought was way to big for our 13 X 13 family room, we can't figure out how we ever could watch our old 27" Sony in that room. Your HD optimum viewing distance with a 46" WS is about 8 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)