Samsung v iPhone4

What's your source for that? Anecdotal? Or empirical evidence?

Using anecdotal data, spending the last four days in DC, riding the metro into the city every day, it struck me HOW MANY iPhones I saw - by far, more than anything else. If I did not see an iPhone, I surprisingly, saw a Blackberry. (Probably not surprisingly, since a lot of folks work for the government, and BB is still very popular for business and government). Can't say I saw a lot of Droids, of any specific variety. And among the iPhones, it was pretty clear that Otterboxes were the case of choice.

But all that is, is anecdotal. Non-random non-representative sample. :)

What's your source for that? Anecdotal? Or empirical evidence?

Using anecdotal data, spending the last four days in DC, riding the metro into the city every day, it struck me HOW MANY iPhones I saw - by far, more than anything else. If I did not see an iPhone, I surprisingly, saw a Blackberry. (Probably not surprisingly, since a lot of folks work for the government, and BB is still very popular for business and government). Can't say I saw a lot of Droids, of any specific variety. And among the iPhones, it was pretty clear that Otterboxes were the case of choice.

But all that is, is anecdotal. Non-random non-representative sample. :)

actually iphones are now in the business place more then blackberrys :)

Speaking of otter boxes. I may have mentioned this before but the commuter case for the 4 fits the 4s just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I love my iphone, but i will say, and this will shock some, there are times I still miss my berry. It is fleeting but the keyboard on them is top knotch, and BBM is still the standard bearer for IM apps IMHO.

Plus the reception was always top knotch around here with one.

In Europe it seems most users are trying to dump their iPhones in favour of the Samsung Galaxy s2. Is this catching on in the US?

I set up everyones corp email on their phones here in our building. The number of people dropping their iphones is crazy. All I see now are androids. I haven't see any new blackberries in quite a while and maybe one or two iphones in the past year compared to about 50+ androids.

thats crazy about ios. i'd rather have ios any day before rim...... but i guess i can't argue with #'s. just my opinion.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus review (international version) | Android Central

phones like that (ICS and plain android) in my opinion would really make that gap jump more...that right there is a sweet looking phone! me likey.
Yep. I couldn't be happier with me samsung galaxy s2 epic touch from sprint. i saw a possible future phone by HTC for next year that would have a quad core cpu and a 5 inch screen. but they need to stop right there. i love a big screen but soon it'll feel as if i had a tablet in my pocket. i'm good with the 4.5 inches......

Although it's Google who decides what a Nexus handset is going to have inside
Why the Galaxy Nexus uses OMAP instead of Exynos | ExtremeTech
Samsung had almost a year to make sure their handsets don't lose the spotlight
Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

The Galaxy S II still has a better quality screen (despite lower resolution), better GPU and SD card option.
AnandTech - ARM's Mali-400 MP4 is the Fastest Smartphone GPU...for Now
And the S III is expected in 1Q 2012...

Diogen.

Although it's Google who decides what a Nexus handset is going to have inside
Why the Galaxy Nexus uses OMAP instead of Exynos | ExtremeTech
Samsung had almost a year to make sure their handsets don't lose the spotlight
Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

The Galaxy S II still has a better quality screen (despite lower resolution), better GPU and SD card option.
AnandTech - ARM's Mali-400 MP4 is the Fastest Smartphone GPU...for Now
And the S III is expected in 1Q 2012...

Diogen.

this to me will always be the one negative about android handsets. too many phones coming out too fast. the software can't keep up with it....... i'll admit its exciting but it has its negatives.

...too many phones coming out too fast.
Comes with the territory...
Android would not be where it is today without this.

I have no problems curbing my enthusiasm...:)
Start with an unlocked phone and half of your curiosity can be satisfied hacking your handset.

Diogen.

problem is they have gotten REALLY good at locking bootloaders (see motorola phones). also the true test is wether phone companies will stop skinning the os like htc and motorola does with ICS and leave it like it is or do they keep adding their crap to it..I think with ICS android has finally put together the user experience they were after and can take on ios and get things where its nice and smooth and polished..but not if other companies are going to skin it and ruin it.

Yep. I couldn't be happier with me samsung galaxy s2 epic touch from sprint. i saw a possible future phone by HTC for next year that would have a quad core cpu and a 5 inch screen. but they need to stop right there. i love a big screen but soon it'll feel as if i had a tablet in my pocket. i'm good with the 4.5 inches......

Because you so need a quad core processor on your phone, right Rey? :D

(I'll leave it to Smith to make crude comments about being good with 4.5 inches... ;) :) )

Maybe Motorola will start putting vanilla android on its handsets after the sale...
Moto might but HTC likes its Sense...:)
Actually, some users like it, too.

I believe the Android hardware<->software base has come a long way.
Most of the Samsung/HTC gadgets released in the last 6 months or so is really hard to brick.
Same about Nooks and some others. You can screw up but the recovery is just a few minutes away.
In many cases (with Samsung especially) you even have a choice in software tools...:)

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)