san antonio saints???

At least the name still works with that city, actually it sounds more natural

Trust me, san antonio doesn't want the 'aint's...

Texas already has two teams, so there's no sense to move the saints to a place that's without NFL action (oklahoma, arkansas, for example...) just to make more money. NFL makes enough money. The new numbers came out this morning, and once again the freaking Redskins are worth $1billion+... The vikings are the least valuable, and they're worth 600million+....

its inevitable that they will not be playing in NO this season...I hope that they are close for the NO fans to at least be able to follow them. I know they have much more to worry about, but I know football makes me happy and we be a good Sunday rest.

Florida already has 2 professional football teams. While it is probably large enough to support a 3rd, the other two teams in Forida would likely object to the idea as it would draw fans away from their fan base. LA would be a much better choice if a permanent move was to happen. However, I don't think the move would be permanent at this time.

San Antonio is likely one of the closest stadiums that is both large enough to hold a sufficient number of fans as well as close enough to New Orleans to still have a fan base. Displaced residents of New Orleans still could have a reasonable chance to see their team play. If it was in LA that would be almost impossible for most fans, and even something a little closer to home, like Oklahoma or Arkansas, still would be a considerable drive (not that SA wouldn't be). Another stadium under consideration is/was LSU's stadium. However it's in the midst of major renovations, has damage of it's own, contention with LSU's games, as well as lack of practice facilites for the Saints.

The Saints also have a little bit of history with San Antonio. They spent some time there when Ivan blew in...and team owner Tom Benson use to own a car dealership there. Not exactly major things, but still something that adds a little worth.

Florida has 3 (Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami). Orlando does have an arena team though but no way would Tampa allow that.

One of the ESPN radio guys brought up a valid point tonight, that people are not going to travel to see the Saints anyway as any resident has bigger concerns now. I can see them playing in LA for a few games, San Antonio for a few, Houston..

The Hornets should move to Vegas.

Yeah, the saints should play in cities that don't have a real football team...Las Vegas, San Antonio, Salt Lake City, Pittsburgh...=)>

My guess is they will end up in LA before it is over. LA/NO made $$$ promises to the team that they had trouble keeping before Katrina. There is no way they give money to an NFL team given the rebuilding needs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts