Sangean HDT-1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KimmiKat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
At a computer.
Although I'm not a big fan of HD Radio, having heard it in a car and it sounding just the same as good ol analogue, someone got me a home component tuner for my birthday recently. It's the Sangean HDT 1 unit.

It sat for about a week until I was bored and hooked the thing up. I hooked up to a pair of rabbit ears and I got a few local stations in HD, unfortunately they were not in English. So I hooked up to our outdoor antenna and a few more stations opened up. One thing I did like the HD-2 subchannel feature, although the audio quality sounds like an internet radio stream. One station has oldies on the HD-2 stream which I like since we have no oldies stations in our area. There were a few others, but the oldies one is the only one I like.

Other then that, I still like the old fashioned analogue radio sound as it sounds better to me. I'm debating if to keep it in my system or move it to the game room.

Although the acronym HD has come to mean "high-definition" in reference to HDTV, the "HD" in HD Radio is a trademark with no meaning (although a "hybrid digital" technology is used).

Last edited:
I forgot this thread was here. I've since moved the tuner into the game room hooked up to a DJ mixer. I did that when the one oldies HD-2 feed went Spanish.

I have this unit and am mostly happy with it. I think the digital stations usually sound better and the HD2 channels sound good enough

Out of curiosity, what area would you be in that has only Spanish language HD radio stations? Usually, there is at least one NPR affiliate with HD in a given market, and there should be a wide variety of English language programming.

If you don't want to give out too much personal info online, I understand - but even a general location might be helpful.

That's too bad. Saw a thing on a tech show the other night that Onkyo is working on something that would have both plus Sirius and XM. That would be the ultimate box.

I have tried working this in, but the company has no interest. I will be working with them to change their minds, but it will be an uphill battle.

Out of curiosity, what area would you be in that has only Spanish language HD radio stations? Usually, there is at least one NPR affiliate with HD in a given market, and there should be a wide variety of English language programming.

If you don't want to give out too much personal info online, I understand - but even a general location might be helpful.

Illinois
tons of mexicans and 4 spanish only stations in chicago

I found this actually looking for more info on XM. Anyway, I wonder the point of HD radio when you have one major distraction.....the sound of driving. The rumble of the road and the sound of the engine. I know some cars do very well muting those things but most don't....I know mine doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts