Sanyo 30'' Widescreen SDTV w/DirecTV trying to use s-video (works) and RCA for audio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Metroider

Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
So I got the S-video running from my TV to the DirecTV box and the display looks so much better than the coaxial they put in. I am now trying to figure out how to get audio to the TV. I have some RCA cables (red-white) for audio and I am trying to run them from my DirecTV box to the TV. When running them from AV1 or AV2 to the TV's open red-white (by itself, other hookup is the component hookup which is taken for my PS3/xbox) but still no audio. Any ideas here?

Also why the heck did it give me tag error 3 of them, I had to basically make a blank message then edit it for the content?

So I got the S-video running from my TV to the DirecTV box and the display looks so much better than the coaxial they put in. I am now trying to figure out how to get audio to the TV. I have some RCA cables (red-white) for audio and I am trying to run them from my DirecTV box to the TV. When running them from AV1 or AV2 to the TV's open red-white (by itself, other hookup is the component hookup which is taken for my PS3/xbox) but still no audio. Any ideas here?

Also why the heck did it give me tag error 3 of them, I had to basically make a blank message then edit it for the content?

Whatever input # you used on the TV for the S-vid; you will have to connect the audio into the same corresponding #.

P.S. if you post the model # of the TV I can find an image of the patch panel and likely give you a better instruction set. But I think you can get it from the above.

Well I found a fix, I had to take out the component audio hook-ups and it worked
(So much for using component for gaming and the other input for audio)

Yep, that is exactly what #2 states; not all ports on the TV can be "hot" at the same time with the s-vid / component in use.

I would recommend adding a A/V switching receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)