Sat 125 and Superdish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

I am trying to set up a Superdish to hit sat 125/AMC 21 (looking for PBS). My zip is 92821 with: EL 49.5 / AZ 179.5 / Skew +10.4 or 100.4 on the dish.

Have set up LNB as single with 10750. Have tried all TPs in manual scan but can't get any green bars. I'm using an original FSS lnb but the focal point does seem a little high, don't know if that is the issue.

Attachments

• DSC04021.JPG
    DSC04021.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC04024.JPG
    DSC04024.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 145
Try pushing the LNB outwards and see if it makes any difference

Thanks pro96, I'm not sure what you mean by 'outwards'. If you mean back a little the lnb is right at the end already. I'll give it a shot though.

sorry, away from dish :D

The lnbs on the superdishes are bandstacked. So you will want to to try aim it using a vertical transponder, because the Horizontal ones are "stacked" above the vertical ones.

The superdish is pretty small for FTA, so it will be difficult to aim, but can be done on strong transponders.

Also play with skewing the LNBF. With the small small dishes this really comes into play.

What I did with my dish 500 and FSS LNBF was adjust the LNBF focal point to the dish center. Then I set a static angle for elevation using an inclinometer and a yard stick. Then I set the skew on the lnbf to where it should approx be for the bird. Then I moved the azimuth to proper area. Then very slowly I moved azimuth back and forth and elevation up and down till I got a blip of quality. Then it was just looking for the highest Q. The final adjustments are tweaking the skew and sliding the lnbf in and out for maximum quality.

It can be done, a bit tricky and time consuming till you get a feel for that dish and what does what.

Last edited:
This is a very tricky sat, tooked me 2 days to finally make the set. You need to have patient, when turning the LNB around you need to go very very slow. In order to get the signal and the right skew it only gives you a very minimal range, if you go fast you will pass thru without knowing. I was able to catch it on 12104 V 4340 3/4. Once you get some signal tigh your nuts play a little with the skew to gain quality. Good luck!!

Last edited:
This is a very tricky sat, tooked me 2 days to finally make the set. You need to have patient, when turning the LNB around you need to go very very slow. In order to get the signal and the right skew it only gives you a very minimal range, if you go fast you will pass thru without knowing. I was able to catch it on 12104 V 4340 3/4. Once you get some signal tigh your nuts play a little with the skew to gain quality. Good luck!!

I learned one thing about AMC21. Never peak on TP 12140V-30000. By mistake I ended up on 127°W. :rant:
Peaking with 12104 V 4340 is better. When I peaked with 12140 V, some tranponders' Quality signals were weak.

Last edited:
as the others have said, use a vertical transponder and set your lo to 10750 to find the sat
when you are finished finding the sat set your lo to 13850 and just blindscan horizontal (for the 18v) and it will give you all the ku transponders (both v and h) on what ever sat you point at.
the frequency numbers will be off and they will all show horizontal on your transponder list, but at least you can get both vertical and horizontal transponders this way.
i have 1 of these dishes set up like this on 30w and it performs quite well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)