Sat. 129 Check Switch

oh, the easiest way to find 129
Lets say you are going to do a separate dish (this is what I did)

Put the dual or single LNB to the left (if you’re behind the dish) of the Twin LNB you have right now on the Dish 500 to let it acknowledge 129 (the screen I’ve been saying)…then hook it up to your Dish 300 and aim…..yes you can run the line directly to the receiver (bypassing all switches)

hahahahahahaha
Ice has done it again!

Took me a few seconds to realize what you were saying.
Hand-hold the LNB next to your twin just to get a signal.
If you have an in-line meter, you'll find 129 in seconds.
I've done this for minor tests, but your suggestion is inspired !

You may need to draw a picture, though.
Or maybe a photo...

Anole said:
80's in southern Texas?
It just don't get much closer to the satellite than that! :(
I thought this bird was the equal to the rest of the fleet, not some lame duck.

Plus, I don't think the Dish 1000 has as good a signal level as a Dish 500, due to its size.
Now ya got me wondering.
I'm gonna have to go take a reading.
The distance difference to a bird is not relevant - too small to be significant. What IS important is where you are in the signal footprint. S. Texas MIGHT be on the edge compared to more central locations.

A D1000 has better signal for 119 than a D500. 110 is about the same as on a D500, maybe a little less.

The guys that are not seeing 129 as an option on the point dish screen what receiver are you all using? My 811 will not see it in the point dish screen but I'm getting a signal from it because I can tune in to the Ch.9901 "Congradulations you have a Dish 1000". The software version is still the same 3.30. What gives????

After you run the check switch and the reciever does the download, try running ANOTHER check switch. If that does'nt work turn the reciever off and that should allow it to take the download for the 129. When you install a D1000 you need to run a second check switch after the download.

I've already done that. It has the current software. There have been alot of people saying that they've had the same thing happening to them. Its not a biggie since I can actually tune in to the channels but it don't show as an option on the point dish screen and I have a 61.5 dish for the voom channels anyway. Just curious as to what Dish has up there sleeve on this one??? It makes you wonder what they are doing. Why hide the 129 option on some of the receivers yet still keep the bird lit up??? Conspiracy theorys, anyone, just kidding!!!!!!!!

Thanks ICE! It worked prefectly. All five satellites are showing with their locations including 129!

Icccccccccccccccce! I appreciate it! Go Bulldogs!

Well got back from work and checked all the receivers and they all have 129 in the Point Dish screen without me doing anything. Somebody is playing tricks on me, hmmm!
:)

I checked my 811 tonight and sure 'nuf, 129 is now back in the list on the Point Screen screen here too. Now to get up on the roof tomorrow and see if I can find 129 with my 148 dish. Wish me luck!

Larry
SF

You'll be fine, it's not that hard. One thing is for sure, I tried a couple of times and the signal strength is not that great for us in this area (mid 60s). I'll swing mine on Saturday.

Well I finally got my dish500 pointing at 129 and I was surprised with the readings. For my locals TP20 and TP21 I get 74 and 71 but for the Voom channels I get higher readings (upper 80s).

Called SBC to activate the Voom channels and after a little lie, I'm watching the Voom channels. They asked me if I had a dish pointing at 61.5, told them "Oh yeah, I'm getting 84-85 in the signal strength". He asked me to go to the "Point Dish" screen to check for 61.5.

Needless to say I'm very happy with the readings and the Voom channels. So bring the rest of the Voom channels on.

TP Signal

3 76
6 90
9 90
10 91
11 78
12 87
20 74
21 72
23 82
24 78
27 71

I now have VOOM HD, too!

I spent more than an hour on Friday trying to get a signal from 129 with my 300 dish that was on 148, but I had no luck at all. I covered the the 500 so I'd only get signals from the 148 dish, too. Up, down, east to west...nothing.

I gave up and called the local Dish rep and in a half hour a guy was over here with a signal finder. In 15 minutes he'd set the 300 on 129 and was getting signals in th 70's. (See below.) He said that was good for 129. He also said that the 811 receiver will NOT show a signal from a new satellite until it has a signal AND you do a Check Switch test. That will delete the lost sat (148 in this case) and replace it with the new one (129). Apparently the Point Dish function is no good for finding new satellites. Cost me $99 for the service call, but he found that elusive 129 signal.

I called Dish, told them I'd moved my 148 300 dish to 129 and wanted to sign up for VOOM HD. No questions, no problems... click and I had the VOOM HD channels. I still get the San Francisco locals that I used to get from 148 since they're mirrored on 129. I did lose KCBS-DT, since it's only on 148.

Signals from 129 seem to be solid and the VOOM channels look great. Here are my TP values for comparison with Randall's:
03-78 14-74
04-65 15-77
05-64 16-64
06-87 17-73
07-75 18-72
08-63 19-73
09-80 20-66
10-87 21-65
11-74 23-76
12-80 24-68
13-0 27-64

There is no TP 01, 02, 22, 25 and 26.

Larry
SF

Congratulations Larry. I used a 311 to aim to 129, at first I wasn't getting anything but I was using the wrong TP. I put it on TP 20 for our locals and I got the signal right away, weak signal but was able to peak it that way.

Wow, that was pretty fast for E* to send someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts