Sat 129 on dish input 1 ?

jameszeesmith

Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
st. louis
Why does my dish pro 500 /301 receiver setup say 129 for input # 1 and 119 for input # 2? I think it should read input 1=119 and input 2 = 110. Is this a dish aiming problem? All I get are the upper channels (84 +) from the 119 satellite. :confused:

Thnaks, Jim Smith 63146

You're a few degrees off if you're seeing 129W. You'll need to change both your azimuth (more easterly) and elevation (tilt up a bit).

Assuming that your mast is plumb, you need to be pointing at 210.1 degrees (magnetic) with an elevation of 40.8 degrees and a skew of 22.6 degrees to the right.

Self-installing is overrated.

Thanks, I'll try adjusting the dish. Just wondering where you got the pointing info and why it's different than what Dishnetwork on screen programming suggests:

AZ= 214, El = 38, Skew= 117

Are these dishes sensitive to 1 0r 2 degrees difference in settings?

I found some pointing info for echo star 110 and 119. How is it that one dish with dual lnb's can pick up two sats. Is the recommended pointing setup from the on screen dish a compromise between the two pointing directions?

Thanks, I'll try adjusting the dish. Just wondering where you got the pointing info and why it's different than what Dishnetwork on screen programming suggests:
I got the numbers by putting the zip code you provided into Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com.

You can get even better numbers by using the Google Maps feature to locate your house on the map.
Are these dishes sensitive to 1 0r 2 degrees difference in settings?
When you're aiming at a target that is well over 22,000 miles away and about the size of a short bus, you have to be quite precise. Just flexing the dish can drop your signal by 20 or more points.

My dish was blown off of the roof and I'm trying to reinstall. The concave surface is wavy around the rivets and the arm holding the lnbs seems slightly bent? If it is not perfect or just slightly damaged, could this explain why I can't get both 119 and 110 sats?

My dish was blown off of the roof and I'm trying to reinstall. The concave surface is wavy around the rivets and the arm holding the lnbs seems slightly bent? If it is not perfect or just slightly damaged, could this explain why I can't get both 119 and 110 sats?
Absolutely. If there are visible imperfections in the dish and LNB arm it is likely that the LNBs are no longer located at the focus of the dish. A new dish (sans LNB assembly) runs about $39+S&H.

It would have been much more efficient if you had shared this "wrinkle" early on.

If you are getting 119 & 129, then adjusting the dish eastward will get you 110 & 119. The D500 dish will pick up any two sats with nine degree spacing. If you can't get good signal level on both sats, your dish is bent and needs replacing.

My 1000.2 on a tripod blew over on my balcony and the inside edhe on the right side is bent inwards. The inside convex looks ok. I think the arm may be bent ever so slightly, maybe not. Cannot get 119, transponder 11, but get 119 tansponder 23 strength 23. Signal strength at 129 is not locked. Cannot get 110 due to obstruction(apt bldg).

Finding 119/129 manually.No meter.

Do I need a new 1000.2?? Will FTA convex dish and dual LNB work? I have a Dish 500 with a dual LNB, although I believe this will not work for 129.

Appreciate your assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts