Sat 3 (110) at 0%

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrSnarkyPants

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
In swapping receivers last night (my rant about that experience is in the DVR forum), I noticed during setup that sat 3 (110) was showing no signal. Sat 1 & Sat 2 looked okay.

I think I'm getting all the channels I expect to receive.

The D* customer no-service rep didn't seem to think it was a problem... but I do remember having signal on all of the sats when this was installed a couple of years ago.

Should I find a local installer and have them go peak the dish? I have a high, steep roof, so I'd rather pay someone to check it out than buy a ladder and climb up there myself.

Do you have a 3 LNB setup? You may only have a 2 LNB. Can you see 3 eyes on the arm? If you only have 2, then you wont see 110. How long ago was the dish installed?

This is an oval dish that was installed in March 2005. I remember 3 eyes on it, but can't see that part of the dish from the street easily.

If it was 2005 it should be 3 LNB. I dont know if there is anything you would use on 110 with the R15. That may change when the new sat is launched and the HD channels get moved on that sat. If you do go to HD, then the current dish wont matter either as you would move to the Slimline 5 LNB dish. At that point, Directv would be coming over to professionally install that for you. So unless you know something specifically you need for the R15, I wouldnt worry about it right now.

Looks like 110 is no big loss. I'm still running the R-10 (that R-15 is on its way back to D*). We get our HD OTA, and there isn't enough Sat-only content that we're interested in to justify the expense of adding D*'s HD - or E*'s for that matter.

Last edited:
Most of the HD channels appear to be on the 110 at the moment with a few on the 119 as well.
IF it were me, I would get it fixed, or call D* and have them upgrade you to the 5 lnb set up and all should be working then... you'll need the 5 lnb shortly anyways.

With all the new HD channels going onto the 99 and 103, you will need the upgrade to start viewing the new stuff.

Jimbo

Well, I just learned that U-Verse is available in my area now, so I'm going to give that a shot. Free HD for a year, no service contract, a 60 day money back guarantee, and it's cheaper than what I'm paying now for DSL + D*.

I've read that and other boards. Considering that D*'s PQ isn't that great on the channels I watch, my prediction is it will be a lateral move.

I've seen IPTV over copper at my parents home in Phoenix, where they've had it from Qwest for several years. If it measures up to that, I think I'll be happy with it.

Hope it works. I use the Microsoft guide via Vista Media Center and Xbox 360 and like it. If it is stable then its a great deal. I hope it works. Make sure to post your review and comments in the IPTV section. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)