Please reply by conversation.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
Chaparral Corotor II Plus, Openbox S9
No extreme heat or cold.
Lately Sat 805 on Araiang gets rectangular patches when signing on. It takes about 5 minutes for it to go away. I usually start up the unit on this station as it is my favorite sat. So I don't know if other sats have this problem at startup. Generally the dish is working fine. Got past another hurricane season. Not looking forward to taking it down
if one does come through, since I am the local expert. What a joke.

Is this I-805 at 55.5°W? I don't see a channel with that name anywhere there*. But: Does the receiver do this if you turn it on, on another channel? "Cause it seems kinda funny, weird, that it would only do it on one channel if it was the receivers fault. Might be something with that particular sat/channel.
*Found it, Araiang is on Intelsat 9 @ 58°W Shut mine off on it. Only left it off for a minute, but didn't see anything other than good video when turned back on. running FW: C2HS2-11-08-24:0679CMT

Something to try - Could it be freq drift in the LNBF? When on the channel, menu into the Transponder list, Edit the transponder frequency plus or minus 1 or 2 mhz and see if the blockiness, rectangular patches, is cleared up. Or just delete the transponder and do a new blind scan, might scan in 1 or 2 mhz from where it is now.

Thanks for responding Fat Air.
Love the puddy. Had to put mine down and he was such a sweetheart. Siamese.
Guess your freezing by now. 80 degrees here tomorrow.

I will try rescaning and if that doesn't fix it will try the frequency thing.

Re-scanning sat 805 fixed the occasional bands appearing on the screen.
Have to remember that trick.
Thanks.

Good to hear that rescanning took care of it. That's usually what I do when a channel hiccups. Not frozen yet, but i feel it's getting close.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)