Sat 95 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JMSTAMU

Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Is it possible to use a 3LNB Directv dish to capture Sat 95. I want to capture Globecast channels using their receiver and a Directv receiver simultaneously using a single oval dish. I would prefer not to need to install a Globecast dish if the Directv will work for both applications. Please advise on my options.

JMSTAMU said:
Is it possible to use a 3LNB Directv dish to capture Sat 95. I want to capture Globecast channels using their receiver and a Directv receiver simultaneously using a single oval dish. I would prefer not to need to install a Globecast dish if the Directv will work for both applications. Please advise on my options.
If the phase 3 dish would work do you think Directv would use a 36" dish for the one satellite. NO IT WILL NOT WORK!!!! :)

The Phase 3 dish LNBs use curcular polarization for the transponders. The 95 degree satellite uses horizontal and vertical polarizatin (I can't remember which one) for its transponders. Therefore, they are incompatable.

Thank you for the responce. The globecast dish is a single LNB oval dish, not 36 in. Will the 36in Directv dish work for the globecast channels? Please advise.

JMSTAMU said:
Thank you for the responce. The globecast dish is a single LNB oval dish, not 36 in. Will the 36in Directv dish work for the globecast channels? Please advise.

If the above posts are correct, then you can assume:

1) The Directv DISH would work if you pointed it at 95, but this would mean moving it off the current Directv alignment of 101/110/119.

2) The Directv LNB would NOT WORK as it has a different polarization.

JMSTAMU said:
Yes being that it is the same satellite broadcasting the DIRECTV programming. May need to change the LNB ;)

Thanks. It means I will need to have the Globecast dish next to the Directv dish and connect the signal via 6x8 multiplexor.

Would anybody know if a regular 18in dish+single LNB will work to receive the 95 sat? Do I need an oval dish, as sold in a regular Globecast package?

JMSTAMU said:
Would anybody know if a regular 18in dish+single LNB will work to receive the 95 sat? Do I need an oval dish, as sold in a regular Globecast package?
Being that 95 is a mid-power sat, it needs a bigger dish and a different LNBF :no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts