Sat-AV GEOSAT LNBF C2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
While I was cutting up the tree that fell in my yard, (pics and story in another thread) I got lucky and had Fedex show up early from their normal time. So since I needed a break and the temperature was OK, I went to the BUD and installed the GEOSAT pro C-Band LNBF from Sat-AV. No instructions or guidlines. We are to know what to do with this stuff. Dropped BUD down to 135 so I can get to the LNB's. Took off the C/Ku Chap and taped it to a support arm so I could put it back if a problem.
The scaler ring was the same size as what was on the BUD so I did not change it. Too much work and too many nuts because of the nose cone locking plate. Got it in place and took a shot how it should be "twisted." I had left things on HSN so I could see if it worked. Zero-Zero. Oh well, I knew it was a 50/50 deal. So took the meter out to the BUD and started "adjusting." Well, when I got the unit turned about 90 degrees from where I had it, I got signal! Went in the house to turn on and check and had a Q of 5 more than I had. Started to move to other sats and checked Q. On most all suff I have tuned in, I get around 72-78 for Q on an average. Gee, now I am seeing 78-80+. !! Even have and 85 Q on a few locations. The only thing I will have to keep in mind is it takes, sometimes, longer for a channel to appear.
So, almost done rattling, I went out to the BUD and cut the wires to the polarotor and took the old unit down. Put the nose cone back on and went back to tree removal.
It looks like, to me, this LNBF - C2 - GEOSATpro C-BAND DUAL OUTPUT from Sat-AV works very well.

Ted, RT is in bed

Am I reading right, did you lose 135 but all other birds are better?

Oh I got that part where he moved to 135 to get to LNB, I do that too sometimes if I don't want to drag out the ladder....I just re-read it and I must be having a brain fart....I thought he said he only got Q of 5 on 135....I see it says Q of 5 better than what he had so if he had 65 now it is 70. Sometimes I read too fast.....or something....so never mind:rolleyes: going back to my corner:D

What receiver(s) are RT and you using on the C2? Is this on your 8 footer?
S9 and on the 8 foot skyvision mesh.

I think that he moved the BUD to 135 so he could reach the lnb to swap it out.
Yes, and I still have to get a ladder out to get to it. If I tried with it at 83 or so I could fall off the ladder into the dish!

The Geosat C2 skew is off by 90 degrees......just like most of the LNB's like that out there

9:00 (or 3:00) equals 0 skew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)