Sat B, Sat C perfect! No Sat A??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

proangler13

Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
I'm new to satellites, but have installed a few by myself. I have a multiple lmb (is that right?) satellite. I have aligned my elevation and tilt according my zip code. 98223. I started moving it very slowly for my azmuth and got clocked on near 90's on Sats 110 and 119. However ever transponder I try on 101 I have a zero signal. I've even tried seeing if the tv would work without the 101 clocked in. It still says searching for signal. I was under the impression that the 101 would clock in first, than the rest would follow with fine tuning. Btw nothing is in way of satellite, perfect view of southern sky. Any help on this would be great. Spent entire weekend trying to get it to work. I have two weeks until super bowl :)

Multi-LNB? As in the PhaseIII or the new 5LNB?

Sounds like you are NOT hitting the correct azimuth. You may be getting strong signal readings when selecting the meters for 110 and 119, but they are likely "seeing" the signals for opposing sats?

Do you have a $12 heading compass so you can check your aim?

I have a compass, and I am aiming right for the spot. If I move the satellite anywhere else along the azimuth plain, I lose signal for 110 and 119.

It is a multi-lnb, sorry. For Direct Tv made by Trek I think. I have a multi-lnb reciever. The satellite has 4 outputs for four different recievers. I'm only using one right now.

Make sure that your mast is plumb, and reset all of your presets to the defined values for your zip (elevation and tilt).

Starting a little east of where your compass bearing indicates, slowly swing the dish to the west until you get signal. For your zip, the 101 is slightly higher than the indicated elevation. Also, if you are using a signal meter and this method, the 101 will be the 2nd signal peak you will see.

Once you get the 101, lock down the elevation and azimuth. Then use the tilt to balance the signal between the 101 and 119.

The other possibility is that you have a bad LNB assembly.

You didn't say which dish you are trying to align. The three lnb dish points at the 110 satellite, the five lnb points at the 101 satellite. It sounds like you are using the wrong azimuth, like Charper1 said.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)