sat. coordinates

bhenders

Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
hi; i am new, live in canada and winter in the u.s.a. I have starchoice and each time I go to set up it is a pain to get the proper coordinates. the ones that I have give you a true heading and with the graph I have I take off the deveation which is around 14 - 20 degrees depending on where I am. well it never seems to be correct and I end up phoneing starchoice and they will give it to me and most times the heading is 5 to 10 degrees different than the one that I have. Is there a better way to do this ???Phoneing starchoice is o.k. but sometimes I can's get cell coverage. hope someone can help. thank's , b. c. dodge bhenders10@hotmail.com

Go to my Satellite Links page and look at the top left. GeoFinder or Sat Finder should meet your needs. Even if they do not show the exact satellite you are looking for, you can find one close enough to figure your headings. You only need to be with in 5 degrees anyway, because a compass can have local deviation of at least 5 degrees. Compass headings are only good enough to give you a GENERAL idea of where the satelllite is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts