Sat Dish ID help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellitenow

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Hawaii
I have a satellite dish that is a 1.2 M dish that looks a little like a Channel Master but I don't think it is a Channel Master. I am missing the LNB bracket and want to know if anybody may be able to Identify this make and model dish. See pictures.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    619.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    483.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    519.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
looks like a commerical send and receive dish
it would probably be hard to find the original type of holder ( since it was a transmit & receive unit/ box ) some are expensive. i would use a conduit / pipe hanger and try to find the focal point with a regular KU lnb. this would probably be the cheapest method.

Thanks. I will try that if no one can ID the make. There is no writing or numbers on the dish or mount. It is about the same shape and size as my 1.2 Channel Master but has a different mount. I do have a universal multi LNB bracket I may be able to rig if all else fails.

The transmit/receive unit that sat on that dish may have looked something like this one, shown on a 6' dish.
I'd use a level, a protractor, and the calibration on the mount to figure a focal point by seat-of-the pants (around 22º offset)
Then put an LNB there and tune for maximum smoke.
Shouldn't be much challenge, if you go about it logically.
Here's how I described a similar solution, recently.

Pictures of the back side of the dish and mount might help someone recognize it for you.

Last edited:
Added back viw pics

I added pictures of the back and mount. Hopefully someone will b able to ID this make model Satellite Dish. Thanks.

Not a clue, but it's a beautiful dish from the back side, too.
And, it looks like that mount twists for skew.
All in all, a wonderful dish for fixed satellite service.

Oh, I don't see anything resembling an elevation scale on the mount.
Does it have one?
If not, there's probably a flat surface somewhere you use with an inclinometer when aiming it.
idea: Set the dish rim vertical, then look around on the back side of the dish and mount for a surface that's about 22º up from zero (or up from 90º [90º+22º=112º], depending on your inclinometer).

Not sure if there is an elevation scale or not. Don't think I saw one. I do have an inclinometer so i should be able to get it in. The skew may already be set for me.
Thanks anyway.

Thanks again.

I am in Hawaii and I plan on pointing this one at 110. This will be my second 1.2 M dish. I have a motor and plan on playing with that soon a well. I am in the communications field but I don't get to play with sat stuff as I would like. It is more of a hobby than anything else. Appreciate your taking th time to help. Still would like to know who makes this dish. Maybe some other member will come forward who knows about this dish.

Found the source of the Dish

Seems that in Hawaii and Alaska Directv uses these 1.2 meter dishes vice the smaller 30" due to the location. I was able to order a twin LNB kit that fits this Dish from an online seller. Thanks for the assist.

I wish Dish would deploy useful hardware like that down here....

About the most useful Dish dish found here is the 121 Superdish, and even that is undersized :rolleyes: At least the FSS LNB is good for something...

Status
Please reply by conversation.