Sat Scanning Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SnockZilla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
I am using the Pansat 2500. After scanning all my sats I realize that some channels come and go and I need to rescan to find new stuff. My question is what is the best way to do it to avoid double channels. What is the quickest way? Do I have to do a blind scan each time to find new channels or just do a transponder scan?

Thanks, SZ

The PANSAT will keep duplicates. I hate it.

I sort my lists by satellite, then go in and delete dupes.

If I get really messed up, I will delete all the channels on a particular sat and blind scan the whole thing again.

Oh....

Someone in a thread around here (mpeg/FTA) mentioned a program called GTOOLS.

I don't know anything about it, but it supposed to allow you save channel lists to your PC and edit channel lists and then transfer them from your PC back into the PANSAT.

Sounds like more trouble than its worth.

Mark_AR said:
The PANSAT will keep duplicates. I hate it.

I sort my lists by satellite, then go in and delete dupes.

If I get really messed up, I will delete all the channels on a particular sat and blind scan the whole thing again.

That's what I have been doing. It is a pain in the neck. Very time consuming. I wish there was a better faster way!

You sure about that?

I have a 1500 and very rarely does it save duplicates. If the parameters are the same (freq, s/r, pids) it wont do duplicates (at least not on the 1500)

That's what I thought. But sometimes they get through, like maybe when the frequency is 5 MHz or more away (higher/lower) from your original. It looks like if the newly scanned frequency is within 5 MHz and all other parameters are the same, it detects a duplicate.

Well, how about deleting the satellite or transponder in question, then reinstalling it before scanning? That should delete all channels and let you start with a clean slate.

Deleting the satellite doesnt technically delete it...it hides it
Also, it wouldnt delete the channels

I had heard that would work, that is until I actually tried it a while back. I deleted a satellite, then whenever I "browsed" the channel list while watching TV, when I came to those channels the receiver would lock up (and reboot). :(

As a side note, back then I was doing lots of apparently devious things as I was regularly crashing the box. I was NOT HACKING, just trying different setups and ways of doing things, etc.

Then after I had settled down into gentler modes of operation :) something strange happened (like days later). All of a sudden the channel I was watching just blacked out, I checked the signal meters, and "strength" was maxed out while "quality" was zero. I tried another channel (same TP), same thing. Maybe some nearby impressive interference so I tried another sat and a different frequency, same thing. I powered off for ~30 seconds and back on, same thing. Then it immediately started rebooting but this time it was different, it showed nothing but a lowercase "b" on its front panel (could have been a 6 as its 6 is missing the upper segment). The reboot took longer than usual, but it did come back up. OK, sorry to stray off topic just though I'd mention that and see if anyone else has seen it do this. That was over a week ago and since then I've been using it pretty regularly without any problems. ;)

I've had it where TP's get 0 signal even though they are active
(11799 V 26.660 on G10 did that last night)

seems like a reboot works every time :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)