Sat signal AT-9 in Nashville

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spyfy

Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
I live near Nashville. Took advantage of the movers program and had 6 boxes installed and the AT-9 put up. After first tech screwed install up and left they sent another one out. He got it all fixed and did a neat job. After he left however I noticed he left the little adapter that comes with the H20 off. It said it was required for MPEG-4 so I put it on even tho Nashville's locals aren't up yet (due sometime soon I think.) I'm getting good signal on the 3 old satellites, nothing on 1 of the new ones (nobody is I think say's N/A by each transponder) and only like 15 signal strength on 1 transponder and 0 on all others on the other satellite. Is this normal? Should I be getting good signal on that satellite even though my locals aren't up in MPEG-4 yet?

Is is common for the older HD receivers to show NO SIGNAL messages even on available PPV channels when you do not have them ordered or on channels not beamed into your area. So I would assume that since there is no MPEG4 spot beam "lighting up" over Nashville yet, that is the best assumption as well. Nashville should be on by Q3 2006.

Where did you get that Q3 2006 date at? It's listed in the list of the upcoming DMA's for April. I'd assume it would be here before 3rd quarter.

"by Q3 2006"

April 2006 was the approximate start of the roll out, but they rarely turn on more than 6 cities on at one time, so it will take time for 12 and then 24. I too would assume that if they start in April, that those next groups SHOULD be finished by 7/1, BUT no dates are set it stone because of the nature of the business, so taking the approximate time frame rumoured for the roll out start, "BY Q3", is better than telling users "you WILL be on 4/15/06" and then missing that date leading users to become unnecessarily upset. Q3/06 starts 7/1 and ends 9/30 so its really not that far away. I would love to see them light up 24 DMAs each quarter!

Last edited:
I understand Harper. Just thought you were saying Q3 for a reason. Giving that out as info is no better than D*'s April figure however. I would think since this is the second phase of the project things would go smoother than the first markets that hit but who knows. I don't post much here but I'm up to date on the situation even tho my post count might not reflect it. I spend most of my time at avsforum.

You did say "BY" Q3 2006 after reading again, so that's a good explanation for me. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)