Sat2IP for Windows -- Stream from your Amiko Mini HD SE/RE to Windows

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Awesome, very nice work guys!!!! With the Xmess/New Year chaos I had totally zoned that you guys were working on this so it was a pleasant surprise t o see it listed in the Satelliteguys email this morning. :)

I'm going to link this thread on the Amiko Americas FB so Mini SE owners everywhere can see this.

Has anyone tried steaming 4:2:2 yet, besides FTA4PA.

Another great reason to own a Amiko Mini HD SE! :)

Another great reason to own a Amiko Mini HD SE! :)

I have an XMBC box that i use to watch my personal movie collection. But, it also handles Android apps, so i installed the big2small android app on it so i can watch the 4:2:2 full screen on my TV. And upstairs on my night stand, is my Laptop, where last night I watched the NBCMUX with Sat2IP. I'm just a little snug bug in a rug!:D

Reactions: KE4EST
Excellent!

Successful streaming and display of both MPEG2 and h.264 4:2:2?

Should make no difference if it's MPEG2 or H.264 as it's the PC that's doing all the decoding so it will work as long as the PC has the proper codecs installed and is powerful enough to handle the task.

This is nothing special as any STB which supports streaming the currently tuned channel over the network can do this.

I would agree that it should, but I have not tried his PC app or the decoding software packages. I use the Big2Small to sucessfully stream Amiko mini HD SE h.264 4:2:2 fat streams to my Android STB and tablet.

iBoston was having problems initially with processing several stream types, so I am curious if any user had tested h.264 4:2:2 with the PC app. He had indicated success with 4:2:2 streams but did not say what type or bandwidth.

Should make no difference if it's MPEG2 or H.264 as it's the PC that's doing all the decoding so it will work as long as the PC has the proper codecs installed and is powerful enough to handle the task.

This is nothing special as any STB which supports streaming the currently tuned channel over the network can do this.

Well, if it can stream Cozi and NBC's from 103 West then it's special! Your Mini-me couldn't do that last time I tried. I told you this before!

Well, if it can stream Cozi and NBC's from 103 West then it's special! Your Mini-me couldn't do that last time I tried. I told you this before!

Just tried with the NBC MUX on 105W and have no issues using VLC full screen on a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop using a wired 100 Meg connection.

However, I was not able to stream this channel properly using WiFi or on an older laptop. Keep in mind that the stream just gets passed on to your PC's media player unaltered so it has to be capable of handling a 20Mbps+ H.264 stream.

Just tried with the NBC MUX on 105W and have no issues using VLC full screen on a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop using a wired 100 Meg connection.

However, I was not able to stream this channel properly using WiFi or on an older laptop. Keep in mind that the stream just gets passed on to your PC's media player unaltered so it has to be capable of handling a 20Mbps+ H.264 stream.

I've got 75/30 fibre op. and an I5 laptop. Go back and read my post. I'm not on 105. Your reply has nothing to do with 103, especially Cozi

I Boston, sorry if I took this off-topic, but when Pwrsurge said it wasn't special, I had to say something. Congratulations on your program. I'm sure you made a lot of people very happy.

Catamount

Thanks for bringing it back on topic Catamount! :)

Reactions: catamount
H.264 4:2:2 is usually used for backhauls here in North America. Saw 2 feeds on New Years day from the game sites.

Used a lot for college games and leading into March Madness 2014 there were often several running simultaneously. Several forums will post schedules that list the feed location and type.

I've got 75/30 fibre op. and an I5 laptop. Go back and read my post. I'm not on 105. Your reply has nothing to do with 103, especially Cozi

Your Internet speed is irrelevant in regards to this as the traffic would normally never leave your LAN. I currently don't have access to a skewed dish for 103 at the moment but 105 C-band should be a similar type of stream.

Please try using VLC with both your STB and laptop connected via a wired Ethernet connection and it should work fine.

If you continue experiencing issues, please open a new thread in the FTA support forum

I finally got my system back up this week. This is working great for me. I was looking for an easy solution to do this and now the search appears to be over.

Thank you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)