Sat2IP for Windows -- Stream from your Amiko Mini HD SE/RE to Windows

Status
Please reply by conversation.
An archived one. I reverted to an earlier version when I couldn't get the current version to work.

It still works, but my RE is fond of refusing to stream after a random number of channel changes. There's even a note about this in the Sat2IP program, saying that the solution is to power-cycle the receiver. Very disappointing.

It still works, but my RE is fond of refusing to stream after a random number of channel changes. There's even a note about this in the Sat2IP program, saying that the solution is to power-cycle the receiver. Very disappointing.

Yea, i reported that bug to Amiko.. They NEVER fixed it.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
TinyUpload must be bogged down or something currently. I have have tried the last few minutes and no download.

Installed Sat2IP and SMPlayer. Dialed in the IP of my Amiko, but it doesn't seem to find anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: The wifi on the Amiko timed out for some reason. Rebooting it made Sat2IP see my channel list. Still trying to get video to play... SMPlayer says "starting" for about 30 seconds, then nothing happens

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

You need to make sure the Sat2IP server is running on the satellite receiver. Also, make sure you have the IP address correct for your unit. Other than that, it should work. I run mine on the Amiko HDSE. So, i cannot say about any other unit, but, works just fine for me.

I got it working last year, with a windows 7 client and also with the Android app.

However when I tried it again more recently (from the Android app) it would not work.

what changed? Well, i might have upgraded the firmware in the Amiko - so that's one variable
The other variable is that back when i got it working I had only Ku, and since then I added a BUD. So I went from less that 1000 memorized channels to having to fight on a regular basis with the Amiko for memory. I read somewhere in one of those threads that the Big2Small server in the Amiko is not playing well when there are many memorized channels. So that is IMO the likely cause

Someday i will clean up all the channels (but not the transponders) and scan only for the FTA channels (with a few known exceptions where some channels have the encryption flag but are still ITC) and see if that makes it work.

hey iBoston,

can't seem to access the source @ topcity.com/sat2ip/Sat2IP.rar (satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3594652/)

I have an XORO HRS 8590 LAN and it seems to work almost like the Amiko... i think sat2ip only needs some small adjustments.

where can i get the latest source?

greets rahn
same could you please send also this source code thank you very much,

Despise IOS. The code is easy enough. Someone could easily port it.

I was an Android guy for years until I accidentally bricked the phone I was using at the time. Believe that was the LG G3. I was on vacation and it was difficult to find another G3. So I decided to give an iPhone a shot. Never looked back; I was sold.

I do keep an Android phone around for testing and experimentation, though.

For me it's a proprietary issue, and their desire for total control. I don't care how user friendly their operating system is or even if most might consider it better. Ill always opt for the open source, non proprietary option.

Reactions: FTA4PA
For me it's a proprietary issue, and their desire for total control. I don't care how user friendly their operating system is or even if most might consider it better. Ill always opt for the open source, non proprietary option.

You make a valid point and I can see your stance, especially from a developer’s standpoint. I didn’t like how carriers loaded Android phones with bloatware and modified code to suit their needs. Every iOS device is exactly the same out of the box and doesn’t come loaded with crap.

You make a valid point and I can see your stance, especially from a developer’s standpoint. I didn’t like how carriers loaded Android phones with bloatware and modified code to suit their needs. Every iOS device is exactly the same out of the box and doesn’t come loaded with crap.

Thats why i always make sure my Android phone is ROOT'able so that i can uninstall and customize the phone the way I WANT, being it's MY phone. But, your right, it is from a developers point of view, and hence also why I'm still on Windows7 and NOT windows10. After windows7 ill be migrating to Linux.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)