Satellite covers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NVBlue

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
Northern NV
I live in an area that gets heavy snowfall. My old pizza pie shaped dish was fairly well protected and I rarely had to brush any snow off it. I upgraded to a multi satellite dish on D* this year and had to change the location of the dish in order to receive all 3 of the birds. When we have a snow storm, I have to brush the snow off several times during the storm. I put a satellite dish cover and suffered no loss of signal strength, but still get the snow build up on the cover and I must brush it off several times during a storm.
Should I coat the cover and the dish with silicone spray? Any suggestions? Thanks!

A BIG BLACK bin back tied loosely round the back of the dish will work, as it flaps about in the wind the snow cant land, and any snow or ice soon melts off because of the black color, it could just be used during spells of bad weather (Dec-June here in MN.) The signal is unaffected!

PSB, can you get a picture of that setup? I may try it here too.

Need some snow first up here and then I will post a few pictures, it works for all but the heaviest dumps of snow, plus it keeps the dish and LNB out of the elements, this tip was given to me by my old satellite guru friend Larry "Telstar" (R.I.P) He is up there now with the satellites : )

wd40 and pam will both also let dirt stick to the dish , so if it in sight you may not wantt o go that way, i tried the dish cover, that worked well for me

I just want to see a picture of this dish cover that yall keep talking about.

Use heater, such as the one from Skyvision.com. I hear they work well, and don't detract from the look of you dish (if you care). Just stck them on, plug them in and you are ready to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)