Satellite Customer Scammed by Imposter Sales Rep (Dish Network)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And the guy thinks DISH should give him his money back? I wonder if the scammer got the guy to give him his login info and that's how they accessed the account.

And the guy thinks DISH should give him his money back? I wonder if the scammer got the guy to give him his login info and that's how they accessed the account.
What's interesting is a Tech showed up to do the upgrade.
That's a Little fishy.

I didn't even know you could schedule an upgrade without talking to a dish network rep, especially when International setups are requested.

I know, I've tried to add International services and a Phone number pops up to call Dish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you get someone's account info through a scam, then you can log into his account and do a chat with a service rep for upgrades. Looking at the story, I have no doubt that this poor guy was scammed into giving out his user info so the scammer could log into his account.

They gave someone else their info, and are suing because Dish allowed the scammer to have the stored online info because they themselves gave the scammer the login data. That isn't Dish's fault.

Rule #1 to identifying a scammer - Did they ask you to "wire" money?

Reactions: papachops and KAB
"Mishra wired the $500 payment . . . " Is that not the big red flag! A wired payment required!! PLEASE. Sorry, but the scam victim here is should know better, and now they are poorer because of something any nitwit would know. Of course, you will never get back any of that money wired. That is why reputable businesses like Dish use Credit Cards. Credit Cards have protections and accounts in good standing at financial institutions. That is why scammers almost always require a wire transfer. If someone is dumb enough to wire funds . . .. All these scams only work when the mark succumbs to greed.

Best advice, if Dish or some other company with whom you have a relationship calls YOU with an unbelievable offer, hang up and call that company and ask for the supposed deal. All repudatable companies have you flagged for eligibility on thier computer systems. Never fall for the "now or never" ploy; that just affirms it is a scam. No repudible company is going to say "this instant or never."

The victim ought to consider this an expensive lesson--in greed.

Reactions: papachops
This guy does not deserve a dime. He really thought he was going to get 2 years of service for $500?... That would be less than $21 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)