Satellite Dealers & Installers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i have a 7 1/2 ft unimesh dish that has about 150 ft run. probably with good shielded coax you should be fine for 200 or up to 250 with little problems. usually depth depends on you. some of mine are only 4 inches below ground. amount of cement would depend on how much wind you get i use only 4 bags but if in sandy soil you probably need a few more. I dug out a good base and used two bags and then did an X pattern and used the other two bags. let it set up for two days and added dish. I got my pipe from the salvage yard it was cheap that way. height of pole depends on what you plan on doing under it. i mow under mins so its 10 ft off the ground but your dish is a 10 fter so 1/2 that is 5 so a 10 ft high pole would put the dish 5 ft off the ground. i would put 3 ft below the ground. some people put a clamp or drill a hole and place a rod through the pole at the bottom where its covered by concrete to keep the pole turning with wind.

the
Uniden UST-705” and on the arm
actually looks like a rebranded von weise actuator from the photo. if you was to move the dust cover up off the motor it would probably have a data plate on it.

as for running KU yes anything is possible ... but it would depend on the type feed horn that comes with the dish.
corotor = usually does both c & ku
polarotor = only does c-band
dual = c-band which has two c-band lnb's one verticle and one horizontal
bullseye = dual c-band and dual ku requires two lnb's for each band

there are also one piece units now that do c-band , dual c-band and c & ku band

there is ribbon cable already wired for the servo & actuator all presealed with usually two strands of coax. or you could make your own

also it depends on what you move the dish with there are old analog receivers , 4dtv receivers and also v-box type units that a DVB receiver can talk to.

Installation

i have a 7 1/2 ft unimesh dish that has about 150 ft run. probably with good shielded coax you should be fine for 200 or up to 250 with little problems.
I found a place for mine in the backyard that will be fine and it's just under a 100' from the house.

usually depth depends on you. some of mine are only 4 inches below ground.
I may go deeper so that I can advoid the sprinkler system i they ever work on it.

amount of cement would depend on how much wind you get i use only 4 bags but if in sandy soil you probably need a few more. I dug out a good base and used two bags and then did an X pattern and used the other two bags. let it set up for two days and added dish. I got my pipe from the salvage yard it was cheap that way.

I got 6 bags of 80lb. quickcrete to work with the 15' pole I was suppose to get. I was going to go with a 15' pole but all they had there was a 20' pole. Which means I will have to dig deeper then what I have now. I also read on another thread called "Big CBand Help" by vista-pro Junior Member that he's using more then us! He says: i've got the poled moved now finally. i used 25 bags of quickcrete 1st tomorrow im hoping it will be dry enough to mount the dish on with. i have to find out where the dish is located now not sure what satellite it is on i put the old arm back on.. How do i tell what satellite its on by looking at it .or is it away? please let me know thank you.
height of pole depends on what you plan on doing under it. i mow under mins so its 10 ft off the ground but your dish is a 10 fter so 1/2 that is 5 so a 10 ft high pole would put the dish 5 ft off the ground. i would put 3 ft below the ground. some people put a clamp or drill a hole and place a rod through the pole at the bottom where its covered by concrete to keep the pole turning with wind.

Like I said mine turned out to be 20' long so I have to reconfigure the size of hole and the amount (25 bags???) of quickcrete.

the actually looks like a rebranded von weise actuator from the photo. if you was to move the dust cover up off the motor it would probably have a data plate on it.
as for running KU yes anything is possible ... but it would depend on the type feed horn that comes with the dish.
corotor = usually does both c & ku
polarotor = only does c-band
dual = c-band which has two c-band lnb's one verticle and one horizontal
bullseye = dual c-band and dual ku requires two lnb's for each band

there are also one piece units now that do c-band , dual c-band and c & ku band

I haven't had the time to look under the cover of the actuator to see if it has anything. The feedhorn will have to wait till I put up the dish.
there is ribbon cable already wired for the servo & actuator all presealed with usually two strands of coax. or you could make your own

I've been looking for ribbon cable but can't find anybody who sells it. Also I don't know how to make my own yet. Still new to this. I don't even know what they mean by "BUD", I take it's not the Beer!
also it depends on what you move the dish with there are old analog receivers , 4dtv receivers and also v-box type units that a DVB receiver can talk to.
When I do get up to that start where the dish is up I will go with brand new receivers for the HD TV that I have and now since its all becoming digital.

Thanks,
Tom

Go with a solid dish

You can try finding a dealer here:
OnSat.com :: View Forum - C-Band
Satellite 911 -- C-Band Helpdesk

If you are getting a new dish go with a solid, solid is better on ku-band and will hold it's shape well unlike a mesh dish would.

A fullview system today includes a 10'-12' dish, c/ku feed and quality lnb's (wideband feed for additional signals), 24"-36" actuator, 4dtv receiver, HDD decoder and a dvb receiver or pc with PCI card. With all this you will have lots of fun :)
If I was to get a 10' or a 12' solid dish where would I go to get it. I see smaller solids for sale and big dishes for sale but here not solid. Just wondering. Thanks, Tom

Solid Dish Sales

Mike at global, Roger at rps and Lee at mechtech should be able to set you up good with a solid dish.

Hello tdti1, Sorry I do not know Mike, Roger or Lee nor the companies they work for. Did an Internet search for them by the names you listed and only came out with one of those that did look some what promising. I found that mechtech or Mech-Tech as it is written on the website sells Satellite Receivers and Accessories. Didn't find any hyperlink for any dishes on that site. I do know that it's the place you were speaking of because in the search for Mechtech I found a site called " Alan’s Satellite Page" on page two of the site does it mention Lee from Mech-Tech. I found the page loaded with links for me to look into. :)

Maybe you can put their hyperlinks to where they do sell the solids?

Thanks,
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.