Satellite dish alignment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
SDAK
I have a microyal 900 hooked up to a primstar dish on a Microyal H2H.
I can get the G-10R and the G-25 satellites. Does this also mean that the arc is set correctly and I should be able to pickup the other Sats in the arc?

One other question, is there a formula or some other data that I can use that says/shows that trees/building located so many feet from your dish will block reception if they are 20 ft. high? or at 50 feet from dish a building 30 ft. high would block reception for each Sat?

I have a microyal 900 hooked up to a primstar dish on a Microyal H2H.
I can get the G-10R and the G-25 satellites. Does this also mean that the arc is set correctly and I should be able to pickup the other Sats in the arc?

One other question, is there a formula or some other data that I can use that says/shows that trees/building located so many feet from your dish will block reception if they are 20 ft. high? or at 50 feet from dish a building 30 ft. high would block reception for each Sat?

Since you are getting those 2 satellites, and they are fairly far apart I would think that you are tracking pretty good, just try motoring to some other sats and see what you can scan in.

I'm sure there is a way to mathematically determine what you describe but if you can precisely locate your dish on Sadoun's site (or Dishpointer) it will tell you what height you will need to clear for all satellites.

Satellite Look Angles Satellite Heading Calculator Azimuth Elevation Skew Tilt LNBF Latitude and Longitude values

I live out in the sticks so I couldn't get a location by entering my address but was able to put the "pointer" within a couple of feet of my actual dish location by entering my lat/long and extending it to 3 or 4 places to the right of the decimal point. :)

"One other question, is there a formula or some other data that I can use that says/shows that trees/building located so many feet from your dish will block reception if they are 20 ft. high? or at 50 feet from dish a building 30 ft. high would block reception for each Sat?"

From WWW.satsig.com Rule of thumb for sighting for obstructions, offset dish; From below and behind the dish look just over the top of the LNBF and that is where the satellite is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)