Satellite Dish Covers

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I have been told by a voom csr to use a dish cover to prevent rain fade problems. Has any one experiemented with a cover on their Voom system?

Voom CSR's will tell you anything haha, how about this:

before

Bush_be.jpg

after

bush_bf.jpg

ROFL, that guy must be a millionaire for this invention, I guess the marketing line for this is "your signal reception too good? well why worry, just stick a tree to it"

oh this is a real product by the way :p

PS sorry for not adding much, never used a "satellite cover" but this was hilarious..

jimmykce1 said:
I have been told by a voom csr to use a dish cover to prevent rain fade problems. Has any one experiemented with a cover on their Voom system?

The only wait to combat rain fade is a bigger dish (unless VOOM changes its error rate which I do not see it coming).

jimmykce1 said:

A cover will only help with snow and ice buildup on the dish.

It's not the rain hitting the dish that is the problem. It's the rain and clouds in the atmosphere between the dish and the satellite. That's why you might have rain fade even when it's not raining where you are.

I Got A Dish Cover For Wind Buffing.
Here In Portland OR When We Get REAL Strong Winds They Come Directly From The East (Flat Dead On The Dish) Causing The Dish To Shack Foward & Back. I Got The Cover To Streamline The Dish So As To Stop The Shacking.
It Works Great For That But Has No Effect On Rain Fade.

wbuffetta said:
I Got A Dish Cover For Wind Buffing.
Here In Portland OR When We Get REAL Strong Winds They Come Directly From The East (Flat Dead On The Dish) Causing The Dish To Shack Foward & Back. I Got The Cover To Streamline The Dish So As To Stop The Shacking.
It Works Great For That But Has No Effect On Rain Fade.

Can you post a picture, tell the maker of the cover, and where you got it, and aprox cost? One thing I thought about the voom dish is that with the Big VOOM logo on it, its like an advertisement for "hey, I have a big expensive HDTV inside, come and rob me!" I'd like a cover just to get the message off the outside of my house!

I'm not interested in a cover, but I'm seriously considering a fake owl near my dish... The birds keep crapping all over the dish big time and it's a pain to try to hose it off at its current location. I'm not sure if this accumulated bird crap will eventually affect my signal but it sure doesn't look good. :no

In Google or Yahoo Shopping Put The Keywords "Satellite Dish Cover" There Are Tons of Places That Sell Them. I Think I Got My 18" Dish Cover For About 20 Bucks.

Hi , here is a good one , when I asked the csr at Voom about rain fade she said ( I heard that if you put Rain X on the dish it helps) . I just about fell over laughing when she said that , they have no clue what they are talking about .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)