Satellite Dish Crane in Action

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have you thought about making this from pipe?
Im thinking an elongated "S" with a bolt on brace
in the middle
At the top add the jib that will fit inside the pipe so it can swivel.
This way you have 3 pieces and it wont be so heavy to carry up a ladder.
The S can be bolted to the mast with U bolts.

elongated "S" pipe

Have you thought about making this from pipe?
Im thinking an elongated "S" with a bolt on brace
in the middle
At the top add the jib that will fit inside the pipe so it can swivel.
This way you have 3 pieces and it wont be so heavy to carry up a ladder.
The S can be bolted to the mast with U bolts.
Hi GPAT,
No I never thought of using a pipe in an elongated "S". Been so busy around here the last few days or so. Computyers were down here because I got new office furniture and then had to re connect the computers back up again. It's up and running now! I will have to play some catch up with my work!!;)
Maybe you have some kind of drawing for the elongated "S" pipe?

Thanks,
Tom :D

Maybe you have some kind of drawing for the elongated "S" pipe?

Thanks,
Tom :D[/quote]

Only in my head....
Quick before it escapes.

Only in my head....
Quick before it escapes.
Hmmmmm. Were you also thinking of attaching a winch to this "S" pipe?
Quick Gpat, cover your head with a cap before it escapes!! Like a "Thinking Cap" lol ;)[/quote]

No I prefer the foil wrap.
Keeps stuff in and out.
Winch Im thinking could be remote mounted or at base of pole.
Best to not be under something heavy while lifting.
Just a general safety rule.....

Another Example of a Dish Crane

Hi everyone,
I found this surfing the Internet. I was searching for websites that dealt with Satellite dishes and this was on one of the pages. It looks simple enough in the design. Not sure if I would be using wood 2x4’s to use to winch up a dish. However it is an example of one and I wanted to pass it on to you. Perhaps you have seen some? Maybe you even have photos of them? Please share with all of us.:eureka

dishcrane4.jpg

Thanks,
Tom

:D

Last edited:
i like the way the dish crane works. it makes it easy...i wish i had one awhile back when i was messing with the ones i had. and when u get them from people it would be nice to have them

Dish Crane

I've been waiting to use the dish crane from the Satellite Dealer that went out of Business. He tells me he loaned it out and doesn't have it. So I took what I remembered in my head and put it down on paper. Made my design and then fabricated it. Last week I went to Texas to pick up Birdview. It turned out the pole was low and I didn't need it. It's made now just the same. I hooked it up to a support pole and it holds onto the support pole without any problems. The winch aprt of it also works very well going in either directiom. Here are some pictures of it. If you want the dimensions of it PM me or send me an e-mail.:hungry::up

Finish Dish Crane – Photo One
DishCrane_005.jpg

Finish Dish Crane – Photo Two
DishCrane_006.jpg

Finish Dish Crane – Photo Three

DishCrane_0007.jpg

Thanks,
Tom

Thanks for the pictures Tom. Be sure and take plenty of pictures when you're ready to put the Birdview on a pole. We want to see a success story in living color...!

Thanks for the pictures Tom. Be sure and take plenty of pictures when you're ready to put the Birdview on a pole. We want to see a success story in living color...!

I will Al. Going to use it to put up my Unimesh and my Janiel dish soon. I got those poles separated by about 10 feet. I plan on taking the pole that I got from the Birdview in Texas and adding onto it to get the height needed to get over those neighbors pine trees. I was talking to Fred and he told me that he separates them by about 25 feet so it doesn't get any disturbance. Do you think that my two poles that I have up now are ok? I was going by what the Satellite shop had them separated by in distance. Which is again 10 feet. I may also be getting a 12 footer fiberglass 4 section dish too this weekend so that will put my number at 4 in total satellite dishes. I have somewhat of a limited area to work with in clearing of the tree tops. What do you think of the distance between every dish?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, it probably depends on the location of the poles as opposed to the ARC itself? If they run on a line parallel with the ARC and side by side they may be a problem on the horizon, one could be facing into the back of the other one. But, if they are one in front of the other and facing the ARC, I think they will be OK...?
That 4 panel dish you have pictures of in the other thread, looks like my first dish, mine is a 10'er. I would almost bet, that one is 10' also...?

It's Mine!

tom is that your dish crane? or is that the guys you borrowed if its yours its nice!:)
It's mine. I got tired of asking him if I could borrow it, so I took down what I had in my mind and built one myself. It works too. Only one thing this one was made from angle iron because thats all I had available at the time. Now that it works I'm going to make it out of Aircraft tested Aluminum. It will be lighter by far. I also am thinking of attaching an extra peice at the bottom so that the crane itself can rotate in a circle if I wanted it to. That way I could move it away from the pole and to where I want it to go. Like my trailer!! :eureka

If and when I do make it I will post it here, along with me putting up the dishes on those tall poles of mine!

Thanks,
Tom

I still have 2 of these units. Mine have the trade name DishDavit, made by a company in Asheville, NC

DishDavit

I still have 2 of these units. Mine have the trade name DishDavit, made by a company in Asheville, NC

Well all I can say is that I made mine from what I remembered that guy had. I didn't have any photo's any photo's to work with. It was all in my mind. I had to draw it out on paper, then make a image of it on my computer. Figure out what the dimensions should be and make it. From my early conversations of it and talking to Fred-Linuxman he told me that the old timers used a tool to use in installing a dish to the pole and to also take it down. The name given to theses tools was called a "Dish Crane".

So its great that you come and say that 2 of these and that the name of them were "DishDavit". I google the name of DishDavit and came up with nothing. Maybe you would be so kind as to share some photos and paperwork of your DishDavit!

Thanks,
Tom

I'll try and post some pictures in the next week or so of the "DishDavit".

Dish Davit

Hey ats7627,
Maybe you forgot that you were going to provide some pictures and info on the Dish Davit. You say you still have 2 of those, do you still have them? I couldn't find any info under that name or the company in Ashville or anywhere else. Still very interested in seeing one! :)

Thanks,

Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)