Satellite dish that doesn't need a power supply? Do they exist?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Chip,
The dish belongs to neither of them as the dish was there when they moved in.

Yes, but the op said he had the service with the dish before the neighbor did. To me, that makes it his as far as the installation goes. The installer never should have used the same dish for two different accounts without knowledge and consent from both.

Last edited:
Yes, but the op said he had the service with the dish before the neighbor did. To me, that makes it his as far as the installation goes. The installer never should have used the same dish for two different accounts without knowledge and consent from both.

I agree.

Still as you know that service only follows the IRD not the ODU. This was clearly a neighbor rivalry that I have had the pleasure to deal with before and it is very ugly.

ODU doesn't belong to anyone but the person who owns the property technically. The owner may only allow one ODU to be installed on their property. Many apartments have these rules.

Or it could have been set up to supply both tenants and owned by the landlord....
Has anyone talked to the landlord about it ?

at this point it doesn't really matter since the issue is resolved.

Your right, at this point .... of course he COULD have checked with the landlord before hand, and involved the cops and all.

I wonder if the landlord was informed when the initial service was installed ?

Your right, at this point .... of course he COULD have checked with the landlord before hand, and involved the cops and all.

I wonder if the landlord was informed when the initial service was installed ?

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

My whole point was that there were other, less aggressive, ways to deal with it instead of cutting the cable. As I said, either let DirecTV look into it or as others pointed out talk to the landlord. With all the whackos in this world, people end up getting killed over things like this. It's not worth it.

My whole point was that there were other, less aggressive, ways to deal with it instead of cutting the cable. As I said, either let DirecTV look into it or as others pointed out talk to the landlord. With all the whackos in this world, people end up getting killed over things like this. It's not worth it.

You are right about that!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)