Satellite finder install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLDSL

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Can I leave a satellite finder permanantly installed in the coax inside the house to help locate new satellites, or would this cause too much signal degradation?

Thanks-----------Robert

can I ask why would you weant to keep it in line?

If you have a motor, its not needed :)

heck, I have a fixed dish and I dont need a meter :D

I used to keep one in line all the time back when it was all analog, but you would be just as easy using the receivers quality signal meter, but it can be done, the test is go to a very weak signal with the meter in line then check your quality on screen, then check again with it removed, I used to enjoy seeing the signal rise and fall as I swept the arc.

The signal quality meter doesn't display itself when just moving around, it only shows when on the fine tune screen of the menue, but you can't make any large adjustments with the motor from there, so thats why I was wondering about keeping the meter hooked up so I can find everything.

----------Robert

Very true, if there is no signal loss maybe a good idea, I know my old satellite guru friend (Telstar/Larry, RIP) always had a analog meter in line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts