Satellite Finder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
how do i use this sat finder it says dB do i move the dial to find a sat or leave it where it is. and move the dish till it beeps loud ?:confused: they sent no papers with it...ahh:(

Attachments

• satfinder.JPG
    satfinder.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 169
Make sure the receiver is hooked up and this meter is in line with it and the dish. Put the knob in about the middle and turn the dish until it peaks, if it goes off scale then back off on the knob so you can peak it best.

Who told you that was a good meter for C Band (or anything else for that matter?)

where do you see that in his post?

Lots of us have one and they work pretty good with aiming a dish. I use to use one until I found the meter on the reciever is easier :)

Just a reminder if you're trying to align a C band antenna. You need to make sure the meter is not in front of the dish when you're trying to peak the antenna. There is some sort of RF emissions from the meter that will fool the LNB and you may not get perfect alignment. You just need to have a piece of coax long enough to be clear of the dish. Have fun.

Satellite Finder Meter

Will this meter work to align a Dish Network single LNb dish for the 110 satellite???

Just a reminder if you're trying to align a C band antenna. You need to make sure the meter is not in front of the dish when you're trying to peak the antenna. There is some sort of RF emissions from the meter that will fool the LNB and you may not get perfect alignment. You just need to have a piece of coax long enough to be clear of the dish. Have fun.

i had my little 20in tv out there with the receiver and sat finder it was pretty easy i could see the channels coming in . it made it alot easlier

a few guys in here say its good to point the dish? why? it worked pretty good for me today i found 2 sats and aimed it G5 and F3

I guess the difference is finding the satellite and fine tuning the lnb as that meter does not show signal quality which is critical for C Band or linear Ku Band alignment - more so than signal strength.

Will this meter work to align a Dish Network single LNb dish for the 110 satellite???
Yes, absolutely !
I've even used two at the same time to align and skew Twin LNBs for Dish.
Have used one with a hand-held LNB to search for a second bird on a dish that has its primary LNB already aligned.

However, those DBS satellites are strong, and they are far apart.
So, for FTA uses they are not the final answer.

edit: the Dish 119º bird is the primary. 110º is the secondary.

I guess the difference is finding the satellite and fine tuning the lnb as that meter does not show signal quality which is critical for C Band or linear Ku Band alignment - more so than signal strength.

No it doesn't, but it does a damn good job better than guessing for a non-pro. What amateur wants to spend $400-$1000 on a meter to use it once in a while.
I Have expensive meters and such, however I install these things on a daily basis this is how I make a living...........Come on HDTVFantic lets get real....:rolleyes:

i could see the signal on the receiver outside i had it and a small tv looking at it as the meter spoted a sat. it helped. im going to be putting a C/Ku Feedhorn on my other sat soon. so this meter wont find Ku.?

im going to be putting a C/Ku Feedhorn on my other sat soon. so this meter wont find Ku.?
It just reads signal on the 950-2100mhz IF frequency all the LNBs put out.
So C band or Ku (or Ka), as long as the LNB down-converts to the IF freq, the meter reads it
Of course, it's going to be fooled by any sort of noise, or near-by birds, and that may be the complaint against them.
They're not any more sensitive to one frequency than to another.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts