Satellite Finder

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i could see the signal on the receiver outside i had it and a small tv looking at it as the meter spoted a sat. it helped. im going to be putting a C/Ku Feedhorn on my other sat soon. so this meter wont find Ku.?

All the LNB's or LNBF's convert the sat signal to an intermediat frequency form about .9750 ghz to a little over 2 ghz . That is what the sat meter is " seeing " . That is what the receiver is " seeing " .

The sat meter does not care if it is C or Ku band , circular or linear polarity . A FTA receiver does not care either , as long as you have the correct transponder info type into the sat menues .

An analof receiver ( C & Ku band ) does not care , it just " listens to the pre-set transponder / channel frequencies .

Wyr

I also use this satfinder , I once experimented with the poor mans H-to-H pole mount and hit every sat with the turn of the dish, made it so easy every beep was on cue.

1st time I used it was tougher because I was a noob and didn't have correct Tp's stored, with the help of ChannelMaster I corrected my sat list and have everything in order, now it so much easier and I really like setting up a dish, and I also agree with those that only use their STB for aiming, I can do that too now , but I was lost at the beginning and the satfinder really helped me out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts