Satellite guys Exclusive! Mad Scientist! 129 ON BOTH SUPERDISHES!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I decided to leave 121 off as I really have no need for the international channels. Signal levels are a little low and I do!!!!!!! need to slightly adjust my dish. No New channels as of yet. Here are the pictures. They are self explanitory. Allthough 129 Bounces off the center of the super dish.. A little more left than expected. I am going to peak with a sat buddy later on tonight and I will post those findings here as i suspect that i need to point my super a little higher by a inch or two. I lifed up on the super and the signal went up. I couldnt part with 61.5 yet. VOOM! I had to put a pice of candy stick (way to improvise on me) to bring the lnbf poing closer to the center to peak it out at its focal point. so here you all go And enjoy this Satellite guys Exclusive!! This was taken with a 942!

GOALIEBOB99

Edit 704pm and I have repointed the super... 100+ on all dbs slots including 129!!!!!

Last edited:
I sure hope that lollipop stick doesnt get loose and cause all kind of alignment havoc ;)

That's probably not as bad as my Dual LNB I have attached to a D* ARM with electrical tape. I'm surprised it's still hanging on there... lol

I guess this shows that a Superdish could be used to get 110, 119, 129 and 118.7 and/or 121. That's a lot of bandwidth with a single dish. I don't think a Superdish could get these 3 DBS slots and 105 since I believe the Ku-FSS slot needs to be near the middle of the Superdish but maybe its worth a try. Perhaps that will be another Mad Scientist experiment. Thanks goaliebob99.

Or everyone's locals with the exception of 105, 121, and the locals they can fit on EchoStar 10's new spotbeams, whenever that gets launched.

That is what I said days ago. It would make sense to free up space on the main Dish 500 satellites 110/119 for more hd. Namely move the existing Voom channels there and the remaining Voom 21 origional channels. This would mean a whole lot of people could get Voom and the signal strenght would go up for everyone across the country. Move the 36 markets with split locals on two dishes to 129 and you would have the compliance ordered by the Fcc and you would also have more hd space. THis must be what they are planning since the 942 got the new 129 slot on the dish point menu. My question is what is at 129 presently that is showing up as qpsk? Does Dish have anything up there right now?

Here is another one. If they move off the split locals what will they use the 148 and 61.5 sat space for? What about Rainbow 1? Are they going to move it somewhere else ? Can the spotbeams be refocused for somewhere else? God , I wish they would tell us something on the tech chat we can use. :confused:

I've got 105 and 129 both coming in on a 105 sup dish......only 129 not quiet good enough yet but at least it recognizes 129 in the switch matrix. But I believe it can be done. Only lnb i had laying around was a quad so i straped it to the side of 119. I thought that the spacing was right for the 119 side of the quad, but the only side i'm having any luck with is the 110. I'll try again with a dual later plus i'm out of electrical tape :no

Attachments

• 100_1318.JPG
    100_1318.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 833
  • 100_1316.JPG
    100_1316.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,058
Scott, you should be able to get it on the 942.

that's what goaliebob used...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)