Satellite guys Exclusive! Mad Scientist! 129 ON BOTH SUPERDISHES!

jeffwtux said:
What is 118.7? Is that the Starband location? While I applaud the ingenius invention of this, I do assume that they will be making a replacement LNBF assembly for the 121 superdish to get all 4 satellite, right? As for 129 and 119 on one Dish500, I've done that by accident. That's easy.

The 118.7 W location is a FSS-Ku band slot that is licensed to Telesat. Dish has a lease agreement with Telesat for all the Ku band capacity at 118.7 and Telesat was scheduled to launch the Anik F3 satellite to that location in early 2006 but the launch date has slipped to no early than the third quarter of 2006. Dish has gotten together with SES Americom and Telesat to request to move the AMC-16 satellite from 85 W to 118.7 W until Anik F3 is launched. There has been nothing from the FCC as of yet related to this request.

Another interesting item is that Wildblue will be leasing Ka band capacity on Telesat's Anik F2 satellite for satellite internet. Both AMC-16 and Anik F3 have or will have Ka band capability. Perhaps there are some dots that could be connected here related to Dish offering satellite internet.

dfergie said:
My 6000u shows 129, even my old 2700 shows it.

Well, a mystery somewhat solved.

1 of my 6000's was on 825PCNCD - it does not show 129 as an option.

1 of my 6000's was on 826PCNCD - it does not show 129 as an option

Both of the units are active and on 24/7. They were rebooted several times over the last week as well.

I updated the 825PCNCD to 828PCNCD and only then does 129 show as an option.

So, despite what is said earlier in this thread, apparently you must have something above 826 installed to see 129 in the options.

Yeah, I leave my 6000u on 24/7 slaved to a Replay and its IR blaster...but last week I took it with me camping and had it on and off so maybe it got a software upgrade... I rarely look at menus on it or the guide, the Replay guide goes 10 days so it sooooo beats the 6000u :)

My 301 is still not showing 129 as an option. My 921 is now NOT showing 129 as an option and it was there last time I checked.

HDTVFanAtic said:
I have 2 6000 and neither are showing 129 as an option in setup.

I thought someone mentioned earlier that their 6000 was showing 129. Worse yet, I thought I recalled seeing 129 on my 6000 at one point in time :confused:

My 501 did not have 129 as an option until the 129 signal hit it, then it was there. I believe the same thing happened to Iceburg.

All receivers once had 129 on them! They had it up until Dec 2003 when they took the Philadelphia minor locals off the 129 sat and on the 61.5.

I took the time today to point my 61.5 dish at 129. My 921 got 129 back as a sat, but my 301 still does not have it.

Well, that is odd cause my 921 had 129, then didn't, then I pointed the dish and 129 was back as an option on my 921. I wonder what I hit then with my sat finder... and why 129 came back on my 921. I don't have FTA setup, so what else is up there that I could have hit cause I definately had tone on my meter?

I never did get anything on any TP on 129 on my 921 but since the 129 option has been on/off all week on that thing I figured it was just a 921 issue.

Check my pictures at dbstalk, down on frequency you'll see signals from Ku FSS IA7 what Dish Ku DSS LNBF still receiving. But, you'll not able to lock any E*10 transponder - today in the DSS range [12.2-12.7 GHz] you can see only noise.

that must of been it then, but I still wonder why 129 re appeared on my 921 after getting the dish moved. Probably just another 921 bug. :) That would also explain why my 301 never got 129 after changing the dish if indeed the sat appears after getting signal from 129

I was wondering what the hell happened. I had it the other day then went to try to hit it with a dish300 and couldn't get it. I thought I was losing my touch!!!

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
I thought the original poster disconnected the FSS LNB and used a Dual on the other side?

The only way that I think you could use the SW21 to get 4 Sat's would be on the out port to one receiver only.
You're NOT going to get a SW-21 to work at all. :cool:

However, to answer Stargazer, the DP-21 input #1 goes to an output of the DP-34. DP-21 #2 goes to the wing, and the DP-21 output to the receiver.

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
Man I hate it when I use the wrong name Dish really needs to quit the simular name crap.
Actually, the naming standards are appropriate. "SW" is a Legacy switch, "DP" is a DishPro switch, and the digits indicate the number of inputs and outputs.