Satellite Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

M3shark

Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
First, let me say that I know pretty much nothing about how to use satellite Tv, and even less about how to program it. We stopped using the dish that came with our house about 6 years ago when digital cable became available in our area. Recently we decided to try to use it again to pick up CBC again. We remembered that it was on Satellite Anik D1(and how to get there), but, when we tune to that satellite we can find no programing. looking around at other Satellites that were programed into the dish/receiver we found very few of them had any kind of transmissions on them. Can you still get CBC on C-band dishes? How would we go about finding/programing it? And on a semi side question, is the Satellite called Anik D1 even still around? when i was looking around online for help i noticed that it was launched in 1982(older than me).

I don't know what kind of dish we have other than it is really big. the receiver box we have is a Toshiba Trx-100.

I don't believe you can get CBC anymore. There were/are 2 sats for the Canadians, I don't remember which site Anik D1 was at, but the sats are located at 107.3w and 111.1w. If you had a DVB (mpeg II) receiver you could get a few channels, but not CBC. Or if you had a 4dtv receiver you could pick up a few channels, but again no CBC. You might could get lucky and catch a wild feed for a sporting event or a news feed for CBC. Sorry I'm not much help, but that's the way it is.

Al

Anik f1 is still up there, cbc is gone off of it though. There is still ASN up there on anik f1 but you need a dvb reciever to get it.

I think you are looking for TV but just wanted to note there is CBC radio at 91W. A cir LNBF and 18" dish should get it.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

M3shark said:
First, let me say that I know pretty much nothing about how to use satellite Tv, and even less about how to program it. We stopped using the dish that came with our house about 6 years ago when digital cable became available in our area. Recently we decided to try to use it again to pick up CBC again. We remembered that it was on Satellite Anik D1(and how to get there), but, when we tune to that satellite we can find no programing. looking around at other Satellites that were programed into the dish/receiver we found very few of them had any kind of transmissions on them. Can you still get CBC on C-band dishes? How would we go about finding/programing it? And on a semi side question, is the Satellite called Anik D1 even still around? when i was looking around online for help i noticed that it was launched in 1982(older than me).
I don't know what kind of dish we have other than it is really big. the receiver box we have is a Toshiba Trx-100.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)