Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
http://www22.verizon.com/FiosForHome/Channels/FiosTV/FiosTVHome.aspx

Check this site out. Does anybody here have it? This is what I want I think:
no dish installation and looks much cheaper than cable means this service will rock and the competition will make us consumers winners.

Any details on rental fees like per box rental or DVR fees? I can't get it here but this is the kind of service (broadband) that I was stating years ago that will make DSS obsolete. Not this service but my own idea at the time.

Any reviews or comments about this service ever posted here? What about any news at the CES show? How fast are they rolling this out? How big of an area does it cover?

http://www22.verizon.com/FiOSforhome/channels/FiOS/root/package.aspx

Look at Internet speed and prices for ISP service with the link above. Bye-bye satellite.

What do you think? How many of you are looking forward to this? I am.

This service is posted all over the board and discussed at length. Although this a great product and the net service is even more impressive, unfortunately it will never have nationwide availability AND even in the cities where it is rolled out, will also have limited availability, not citywide. I will get the net service but not the TV services. This will never achieve "killer" status, but a great alternative to cable and DBS if and when it shows up in your neighborhood.

Here is another info page on it: http://www.fioslive.com/verison-fios.html

Roger said:
Does anybody here have it? This is what I want I think:
no dish installation and looks much cheaper than cable means this service will rock and the competition will make us consumers winners.
Any details on rental fees like per box rental or DVR fees? I can't get it here but this is the kind of service (broadband) that I was stating years ago that will make DSS obsolete. Not this service but my own idea at the time.
Any reviews or comments about this service ever posted here? What about any news at the CES show? How fast are they rolling this out? How big of an area does it cover?
Sounds interesting? Why not check out our Verizon FIOS Forum then? It has 1,223 posts about FiOS. ;)

That cable area is a mess, it's just press-release heaven down there, no actual discussion going on...

I have Fios Internet, but the TV service is not offered in my County yet. The County next door just granted TV service authorization to Verizon Yesterday. So hopefully it won't be long.

I'm guessing that it will be available to me by June. The DVR fee is about $15/mo. I'll have to math it all out before making a decision. Even if I drop Dish, I'd likely keep my 921 alive just for its OTA DVR.

Even FIOS is press release heaven, but I understand why it's down there...

Do we really need seperate cable forums? Can't they all be merged into one, cut out the press release nonesense and call it a day?

The first place in the country to get full Fios was Kellor, Texas. We are getting it in Fairfax County, VA, just as fast as they can run it (& get final approval). That being said, my part of the county is scheduled to get it sometime in the 3-7 year from now timeframe. This is a long term product, it won't be having much effect over the next 5 years.

By then, I'll have a VIP622 & maybe a follow on box. I'd consider them, especially if DISH makes it hard for me to use my sat receivers at my RV when camping. But I'll probably stay with DISH. They'd have to offer great service and a big savings for me to dump my DSL ISP and DISH.

I enjoy the cable forums. The reason why I don't think there's a lot of talk is because it's too local to chat about often. I also like to thank the person that post the press releases so I can see what's going on especially when it comes to price increases.

Cyclone said:
I have Fios Internet, but the TV service is not offered in my County yet. The County next door just granted TV service authorization to Verizon Yesterday. So hopefully it won't be long.
I'm in the same boat as you. I have the 15/2 plan but TV is currently still unavailable. Last I heard the city hadn't settled on a franchise agreement yet. Like you, I hope to have something by June or so.

[/quote]The DVR fee is about $15/mo. I'll have to math it all out before making a decision. Even if I drop Dish, I'd likely keep my 921 alive just for its OTA DVR.[/quote]The HD DVR is 13/month in addition to the regular $40 monthly programming fee. And that includes all the non-premium HD programming as well as any HD premium movie channel package you already subscribe to.

After Dish does it's next rate increae, my monthly rate will be around $40 for AT60+locals+dvr. My FiOS TV rate will be $53 ($40+13) for the equivilent number of tuners and DVR, but I'll be getting about 3x the channels, HD (even though I dont have a HD tuner), and VOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts