Satellite Newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SmartWater

Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Central New Jersey
I am interested in getting a c-band BUD as I have heard they offer the very highest in picture quality (high bitrate 1080i). I live in central new jersey and I'm wondering if there is any company that sells and installs this sort of system? I don't really want to deal with the hassle of installing it and getting it to work if there is a company that does that and could sell me the service as well.

no pros left i guess when the Bars and Restaurants went to DTV no work left for them.
but i am sure we have menbers in your area that could use some cash and will hook you up.
and yes C-band and Ku has the best picture you can get.

I am interested in getting a c-band BUD as I have heard they offer the very highest in picture quality (high bitrate 1080i). I live in central new jersey and I'm wondering if there is any company that sells and installs this sort of system? I don't really want to deal with the hassle of installing it and getting it to work if there is a company that does that and could sell me the service as well.

Knowledge, as they say, is power.

For my first big dish - a solid aluminum 8 footer - I saw a house with one with a wire hanging off of it, with a Directv dish mounted near it. I went to the guy's house, asked if they wanted it, and they gave it to me free. I lashed it to the top of my car and drove slowly home.

While I was installing it on my roof ( I had bought a steel pipe of the right diameter from the local scrap metal yard, dug a footing of a couple of feet deep, and had it go up through my eaves on one end of my house) I saw a neighbor very close by with a good looking big dish.

After I got my first dish running, I went over to my neighbor's house just to chat about what channels he got.

Turns out the dish he had was a Birdview solid, and the first thing he said was "you want it"?

So that's two big dishes I got for free, the Birdview being maybe the best of its kind out there.

I am kind of handy so I installed both myself. If you aren't good with tools and concrete, you will be at a disadvantage, but if you look around you will be amazed at the number of perfectly good big dishes near you. If there is a little dish somewhere on the property, chances are you can get the big dish for a song.

Where the knowledge is important in the acquisition part of this hobby is in knowing which are the good ones, how to tell if the dish is still good, and how to install it.

Good Luck.

Good luck

looking for a C-band installer in Central New Jersey

SmartWater
if you don't get a installer from this post.
start a new one in a couple days.
looking for a C-band installer in Central New Jersey

would help if i was not 2000 miles away lol

Lone Cloud is right about getting them free or near free.
got a 10 and 8 footer for free,the 8 came with a nice box too.
try to get a old box that goes with these old dishes it will make it easier for you to run.

good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)