Satellite Orbits?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
International Space Station
iss2_sts114.jpg

I've watched ISS passovers many times. It is very easy to spot, as it is extremely large (and therefore reflects quite a bit of light).

I've watched ISS passovers many times. It is very easy to spot, as it is extremely large (and therefore reflects quite a bit of light).

I imagine that it's not large enough to be visible to the naked eye and a telescope must be used.

Many yeas ago the station flew directly over our house. There was no mistakening it. It was very bright and speed across the early morning sky. As a bonus one of the astronauts was a ham radio operator. I could hear him making contacts on my 2 meter radio. sadly I could not make contact. That would have been some QSL card.

Yep, have seen ISS* many times shortly after sun down. ISS is still in full sun as it passes.
Use the satellite tracking site ,of your choice, to 'time' a pass that may be visible.
*and many other unknown satellites.

Yes, it is quite bright, and its movement across the sky makes it very noticeable. It appears to move faster than an airplane flying high above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts