Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Satellite Pioneers, You Pick Them

A very special event will take place during the Chaparral Satellite Pioneers Reunion to be held during SBE 2007 in Atlanta. A number of people will be awarded “Satellite Pioneer” status during the Pioneer Dinner. These people will be recognized for their contributions to the industry.
We would like for the thousands of Transmitter News readers to choose the candidates to receive the Satellite Pioneer award. The individuals you consider putting on your list should be someone that, in your opinion, contributed in a way that helped begin or change the satellite industry, and can be living or deceased. We ask that you would submit your top five (5) choices via email to: Info@SBE07.com.

We will receive nominations through the end of December. Shortly after January 1, 2007 we will email everyone on the Transmitter News mailing list a ballot with around 20 names giving you the opportunity to make your final selections.

The Chaparral Satellite Pioneers Reunion dinner will begin at 6:00 PM, April 20th at the Atlanta Airport Hilton. Seating for the dinner is limited, tickets may be purchased by visiting the registration area of the SBE 2007 website.

I nominate Captain Midnite ! :D
Good one!

At the last Expo I sat down with Satellite Pioneer Bob Cooper and we talked about Captain Midnite. While he was considered a criminal by many he also had others who thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. :)

Vote Doctor Bob!!!

W5 Transponder 2 - W5 was the zenith satellite for us, so it was the first satellite we went looking for during tracking. Those were the fun days. :)

I hate to say this, but you have to give Charlie so consideration as well. Those Super Tracker 4 with the brick sized UHF remote, and hardwired into a receiver worked pretty damn well. Ahead of the times.

Thats Doc Scott, not Doctor Bob. :)

I think all old time C Band installers aimed their dishes looking for the Old Man in the Sky (Dr Gene Scott)

Opps. We was the only preacher that told it like it was. You send us money, and I will talk. When the funds got to low, they would turn down the lights and he would sit in the dark reading a book. NO BS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)