Satellite Puzzle

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
for the last 4 days my 2 bedroom HR 24 DVRs have lost there signals after watching TV for 45 min. I get 775 error saying the Sat isn't communicating with the 2 receivers. Yet the Genie in the living room is working fine.
So Any Ideas??

775 is usually something wrong with the power inserter connections with the lnb. Have you checked all of the connections? Check where the HR24s connect to the splitter or swm8/16.

I went in the attic (150 degrees) lol And checked all the wires and nothing so I beat on the splitter and it started working.... yahoooo I can watch skin-a-max and football.. The repair guy is coming the 9th ,, I'll tell him to replace all the crap in the attic..
Thanks

Reactions: raoul5788
for the last 4 days my 2 bedroom HR 24 DVRs have lost there signals after watching TV for 45 min. I get 775 error saying the Sat isn't communicating with the 2 receivers. Yet the Genie in the living room is working fine.
So Any Ideas??
Got that a couple months ago. DirecTV replaced the SWiM16.

775 is a generic swm related error. All it means is that particular box is having problems communicating with the dish. It could be anything from a defective splitter to bad connectors or possibly faulty wiring. It could mean a bad power inserter under certain circumstances. . But since you said one tv is working I highly doubt it has anything to do with the pi or lnb.

775 is a generic swm related error. All it means is that particular box is having problems communicating with the dish. It could be anything from a defective splitter to bad connectors or possibly faulty wiring. It could mean a bad power inserter under certain circumstances. . But since you said one tv is working I highly doubt it has anything to do with the pi or lnb.

Exactly why I suggested he check his connections first.

You have nine tuners and an SWM dish can only support eight....do you have an SWM16 multiswitch??

I should read the posts better! You are right texasbrit he has 9 tuners, but would that give him a 775 error?

Hence my comment....if he does have an SWM16, the next question is are the two HR24s on the same "side", and what happens if he moves one of them to the same side as the HR44..

But would too many tuners in a swm setup give a 775 error?

I would have thought not, I believe it should be a 776, but I'm not certain about that....

Hmm, so he could have two issues, too many tuners possibly, and a bad connection somewhere.
Plywodstatebum, do you know if you have a swm lnb or a swm switch, and if a switch, which model?

I've had the same issue from time to time. I'm not certain the exact setup I have, but, I believe I have a SWM-16 switch. I have 4 coax lines coming out of my dish into this switch, then, although all of the lines are not in use any longer, there are what look like 4 way splitters coming from wires coming out of the SWM switch. These wires go to an HR-23, HR-24, & and HR-34 which gives me 9 tuners as well.

Sometimes, after a "power glitch" or rain issue, I'll get a 775 error. In my case, a "reboot" of the power inserter by giving it a power cycle has fixed the 775 error.

My SWM Switch and Power Inserter are in the drop ceiling of my basement and not in the attic.

Is the extreme heat of this environment a problem for these devices?

I've had the same issue from time to time. I'm not certain the exact setup I have, but, I believe I have a SWM-16 switch. I have 4 coax lines coming out of my dish into this switch, then, although all of the lines are not in use any longer, there are what look like 4 way splitters coming from wires coming out of the SWM switch. These wires go to an HR-23, HR-24, & and HR-34 which gives me 9 tuners as well.

Sometimes, after a "power glitch" or rain issue, I'll get a 775 error. In my case, a "reboot" of the power inserter by giving it a power cycle has fixed the 775 error.

My SWM Switch and Power Inserter are in the drop ceiling of my basement and not in the attic.

Is the extreme heat of this environment a problem for these devices?

They are designed for high heat, so that's probably not a factor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)