Satellite Radio Thoughts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
When satellite radio came out I had to have it, within the first few days of XM Satellite Radio becoming available I had to have one. W...

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST...

Catch new editions of "The Satellite Dish" at MultiChannel.COM!

ITA. Now that RCA has announced a $99 Internet Radio that will receive (at least) MP3, WMA, and Slacker streaming, I really want one of those, and am very much considering cancelling all but 1 XM and 1 Sirius. (Currently I have 3 XM units subbed, and 3 Sirius units.)

I also have an iPod, and when I look at the wide array of podcasts that are now available, it is really starting to tip the scales in the iPod's favor, versus XM. Really the only program I regularly listen to on XM that's exclusive is Bob Edwards, and even he has a "best of" Weekend edition podcast. I'll admit I find some of the Oprah & Friends programming interesting at times, as well as ATN Asian Radio - but these are not must haves.

As far as Sirius, mostly I am interested in NPR & CBC, and both of those sources have now introduced several podcasts that include much of the programming that they play on Sirius, and it's actually more convenient to listen to it on demand rather than on someone else's schedule (I don't have a recording radio for Sirius). The other stations that used to interest me were PRI, which Sirius dropped, and subsequently took most of its programming to XMPR, and WRN, which Sirius now pre-empts for sports that I don't want to hear.

While I will admit I've gotten used to the commercial free music, Slacker could provide that to my new radio for less than any satellite provider's price. Plus, I'm not paying for pro sports that I don't listen to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)