satellite reciever without blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i was wondering if all digital receievers use a smart scan on them. i dont like the blind scan at all, i would rather just have all the tps for every site listed and just be able to flip through for the feeds like you do with analog. it takes me three or so minutes to go through the sats on analog from channels 1 thru 24 for about 7 or so sats. blind scan takes too long and misses tps at times. is there a receiver that just list the tps so you can just move to the site and flip through the channels.because i find feeds on the analog every time i scan through the sats. and lyngsat list that there are so many dvb feeds whether they are ku or c band and i have only seen four or five on digital. it would be nice to blind scan and all the tps be listed whether they are active or not because at least you dont have to keep blind scanning every time you go to the sat. do any of you ever thing about this. i hope analog feeds dont die out too quickly because that is where all my feed watching comes from.

I think that analog signals will go in time. There is only one analog signal I can receive here in this part of the world now. DVB is just so much more efficient with the spectrum. Although I miss the analog days.
Not all digital receivers are smart or blind scan some of the basic models you have to input the transponder detials. I do have an old digital/analog job here where if you do input the all the transponder details it will scan thru them. The only problem I found with this that somtimes the feeds pop up on frequencies and S/R's that are not listed.

there is no such thing...There is no way you could have EVERY transponder/symbol rate in there.

Analog has no symbol rate because they have the whole TP. Digital has numerous frequencies and symbol rates. So for one frequency (say 12190) there could be symbol rates of (again, examples)

and those are just 7 "common" ones that I know of. There are more

Feeds come and go...so if there is no signal then the box cannot pick them up.

Only 4 or 5 digital feeds? Damn there must be a bigger issue with the setup. Digital needs to be nuts on or you do not get signal. Analog has some slack.
Sunday I was working with my new 6 footer and between AMC3 and AnikF1 I ended up with somewhere around 125-150 DVB feeds by blind scanning. Lots on G3 & G11. IA8 had about 30 or so (mostly scrambled). I use a Pansat 1500 for most blind scanning when I'm working on the dish and the Coolsat 5000 otherwise. the CS5000 is fast compared to the Pansat but the Pansat is thorough

well what do the feeds show up as on the channels? alot of times i get a sng or a tv 5 or something. is that just a scrambled feed? i guess after a while of blind scanning and storing the channels i can just flip through the sat and see whats active like i do with the analog. i get alot of channels with nothing on them. not even a test card,are those prob just feed channels not being used at the moment. are most feeds on dvb scrambled or is it 50 50 or what? thanks!

what kind of receiver is it? i need one of those.

It's called a Phoenix 333. It's a Korean made box. It was also sold under different labels as well. I think it was Ecostar and Praxis. It will search thru the band in Analog but as Iceberg mentions there no S/R's with analog. And when it comes to digital there can be different S/R's and FEC's used for the same transponder. Whatever the techs feel like using on the uplink, rarley the same. To add to this the old box I have here doesn't realy scan thru the transponders and and S/R's i have input any faster than the latest blind scaning boxes. The good thing about this old box is the analog receiver, it is very sensative, with a 30 step threashold extention and variable bandwith adjustments it will pull a picture out of almost nothing.

well what do the feeds show up as on the channels?
various things....there is no rhyme or reason. Ive seen alot of things and it depends on the box. Pansat shows TV1 whereas Coolsat shows "TV1 XXXXXXXXX" where the XXXX is the frequency and satellite

alot of times i get a sng or a tv 5 or something. is that just a scrambled feed?
nope. Most are in the clear. A $$ usually means scrambled
i guess after a while of blind scanning and storing the channels i can just flip through the sat and see whats active like i do with the analog. i get alot of channels with nothing on them. not even a test card,are those prob just feed channels not being used at the moment. are most feeds on dvb scrambled or is it 50 50 or what? thanks!

most feeds are in the clear. Lots of KU news feeds. If a feed isnt up, there is no signal. As an example, sports feeds pop up 15-30 minutes before game time and leave right after

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)