Satellite signal angle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bayourocket

Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Does anyone know at what angle the signal from a satellite hits the dish (1000.2) before it reflects to the LNB's? I have a dish at my camp that was working perfectly before summer. Was mounted on roof and suspect a pecan tree branching and growing leaves. Lost only 129 (119 and 110 both have good signals (85 and 75). Moved dish to other side of camp and still no 129. Have some tall pine trees about 300 yards away. Already tried what one of the other members talked about, adjusting skew in small increments on each side of the base setting of 128 and still no 129. Even tried my other receiver and LNB's from my house with no improvement. Installation summary shows OK on all three Trans. 222-42-128 Any help would be appreciated.

ps. I have a hard time trying to look at that dish and figure at what angle the signal is coming in at. I have a neighbor with one mounted on his roof and if I hadn't seen him receive a good signal on all three satellites with my on eyes, I wouldn't believe it. His looks like the signal would hit the peak of the roof before it hit the dish, meaning his dish looks like it is looking right into the roof before the peak. Looks worst than 300 yards away pine trees.

thanks

With trees 300 yds away they would have to be REALLY REALLY TALL. to cause a problem. Use dish pointer at the top of the page. Sounds like you may have pointing issues. Run the check switch and find out what is showing for the sats coming in to system (which ports are working etc). You may have an LNB that has gone bad or the dish has turn just a bit and no longer sees 129.

I've never used the Dish Pointer before, but it shows where I want to move my dish to when the roof changes, will work! I have zero obstacals there!

With trees 300 yds away they would have to be REALLY REALLY TALL. to cause a problem. Use dish pointer at the top of the page. Sounds like you may have pointing issues. Run the check switch and find out what is showing for the sats coming in to system (which ports are working etc). You may have an LNB that has gone bad or the dish has turn just a bit and no longer sees 129.

Checked numbers on the dish pointer program and I am pretty close to those numbers. If I change azimuth or elevation any, the signal strength goes down.
Ran check switch and all are greenand everything on the Satellite input matrix looks good, it just states that I have less satellites than before(no signal on 129) . If I cover the middle LNB with foil I will lose 119 signal and if I cover the one to the right of it, I will lose 110. As I said earlier, I even tried another triple LNB to no avail. This one has really got me stumped. I have installed a few of these same dishes for family members and friends and have never had this problem. When I got 119 locked in on the middle LNB, the others fell right in. This is why I brought up the fact of the tall pine trees. The installation summary must show that the LNB's are all working properly because they are all green and OK and when I cover them all with foil the signal disappears for 119/110 but the green and OK's are still there??

UN hook the input to the sat receiver. Run the test & save it. It will show all X's. Then hook input up again and run it and see if all 3 sats show up then. (this is know as clearing the switch matrix)

Thanks, I will try it when I go back to the camp. What should it show? No 129, if I don't have a signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)